08| After Night

My eyes trailed the bruises on my body, feeling disgusted at the sight. Fixing the red pleated skirt, "Lacey?" Olivia's voice was muffled through the door. I pulled the sleeves of my hoodie down, "Yeah, I'm fine," I said, walking out of the bathroom. Olivia leaned against the frame, "Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded as we walked over to the bar, "What do you want from the menu?" Olivia asked. I looked at the coffee menu "Oh the Hazelnut mixed with Toffee sounds fun." I said with a small smile. Olivia laughs as the barista walks over to us. A sigh leaves my lips.

"Okay, what's on your mind?" Olivia asked, linking her arm with mine as we walked off to find an open booth. I looked at her, "Nothing, I'm fine." I lied. Olivia shook her head once we got to a booth, "Lace, we've been best friends for two years; you can't fool me." Olivia said. I sighed, rubbing my face lightly. "I'm tired...that's all," I said; Olivia crossed her arms. "It's okay; you're not ready to talk about it, but when you are, I'll be here." Olivia said with a smile; I nodded. "Alright then, what about Professor Bahng?" Olivia asked with a smirk; I looked at her, confused. "What about him?" I asked. Olivia chuckled. "Come on; you know what I mean.. Namjoon told me that he went into his office asking about you," Olivia said. I shook my head, confused and lost. "Lacey, you're attracted to Professor Bahng; I can see it from how you look at him." Olivia whispered; I felt my cheeks become crimson. "Is it that noticeable?" I murmured, and Olivia nodded.

A sigh left my lips as I leaned my head against the leather cushion, "It's only a one-sided crush." I said. Sipping the warm taste of coffee, I looked at Olivia. "You're so naive...but it's okay," Olivia said, taking a sip of her drink. I glanced out the window, "I need new books, but I don't know what to read." I said with a sigh. Olivia chuckles, "Romance, right? You could try Fifty Shades Of Grey." Olivia said I shook her head. "I've already read it; I want something different," I said, crossing my arms. Olivia pulls out a paperback book from her tote bag, "Here, you could borrow this one." She said with a smile. I looked at the beautiful cover, "A Touch Of Darkness." Olivia took a sip of her lemonade.

"It's about Hades and Persephone, but a steamy read." Olivia said with a smile. I flipped to the first chapter, A college student? Wait, is Persephone living in the human realm or the realm of Gods and Goddesses? "Have you thought about it?" Olivia asked; I closed the book and nodded. "I appreciate that you're trying but it's fine Olivia," I said

I sip on my coffee, feeling my head run with questions. "Lace, it's Profesor Bang." Olivia whispered; I snapped my head towards the entrance of the cafe. I could feel my cheeks crimson as we made eye contact; I looked away, covering my mouth with the sleeves of my hoodie. "He's coming this way." Olivia hissed, kicking my leg lightly under the table. I glared at her, "Good morning, Professor Bahng," Olivia said with a small smile. I gripped tightly onto the book, "Don't mind her; she's not herself without coffee." Olivia said with a smirk. I kicked her; my eyes took swift glances at Professor Bahng. My heart was pounding like crazy, "Well, I should go. Finals are right around the corner." Olivia said, getting up. I gave her a baffled gaze, "See you at work, Lace." Olivia said with a smile before leaving.

"Do you mind?" Professor Bang asked. I shook my head as he took a seat, "I apologize for not being the talkative one." I whispered. Professor Bahng smiled and chuckled, "It's okay; not everyone likes human interactions." He said. I gaze at him, "What brings you to the campus cafe?" I asked. Professor Bahng tilted his head slightly, "Looking for you..." He said. Crossing his arms, he had a stern gaze. "Please call me Chris; I prefer you feel comfortable around. Or perhaps...do I make you uncomfortable that you call me Professor Bahng?" He asked; I fiddled with the pages of the book. "N...no, I" I paused and looked down, taking a deep breath before answering his question.

"You make me nervous, that is all," I said. I let out a forced chuckle. "I make you nervous? Am I that imitating?" Professor Bahng asked; I nodded, still not looking at him, afraid I'll become weak under his eyes. "Lacey, it's rude not to look at someone when speaking." He spoke with a slightly harsh tone; he sounded impatient. I gulped and looked at him, "I'm sorry," I whispered. I hid the book as his eyes met with it, "Do you love reading?" He asked. I smiled faintly, "I do; I enjoy it." I spoke with a nervous tone. Professor Bahng sighed and smiled, "What's your favorite genre?" He asked. I bit my lip, "R...romance," I murmured. Professor Bahng studied my features; I placed the book inside my bookbag. "How did you get all those bruises?" Professor Bahng asked; I froze. My bruises? From my mother and father.

I smiled, "At the gym, I tend to push myself over the limits." I lied. Professor Bahng didn't seem to buy one bit of my lie; he furrowed his brows. "Are you being honest with me?" He asked; I felt my mouth go dry. I chuckled and nodded, "Of course," another lie left my lips. It went quiet between us for two minutes; the silence was killing me. "Are you free tonight?" He asked; I looked at him with a dazed gaze. "I...after seven," I said; he looked at his phone. Professor Bahng was typing for two seconds; he handed me his cellphone.
I looked at the screen 'new contact.'  I grasped the device, and at first, I did hesitate, but I began typing in my name and number. Saving the contact, I handed him his phone back. "Call or text?" Professor Bahng asked; I huffed. "Whichever is fine," I said; he nodded. "I have to get going; it was lovely talking with you...Lacey." He said, getting up and loosening his necktie. I looked away, "It was interesting." I spoke with a small smile. Professor Bhang winked before leaving; I bit my bottom lip. "Fuck." I mumbled under my breath, my hands rubbing my face gently.

I let out a sigh as I gripped my bookbag, "Oh my God," Olivia linked her arm with mine. I looked at her, confused. "I thought you left," I said. Olivia shook her head, "Did you give Professor Bahng your number? Lace..." Olivia gasped with excitement. I blushed, "Shut up," I mumbled. Olivia nudged my side, "Girl, seal the deal." Olivia said. I raised a brow at my friend, "Hello, Professor Bahng is willing to be your sugar daddy," Olivia joked. I looked at her with perplexity, "You're insane," I said. "Professor Bahng isn't that old...is he?" I asked; Olivia laughed. "He's three years older than you," Olivia said; I let out a huff. "Olivia, sugar daddy? Seriously, I mean if he's offering," I said. Olivia giggled; I let a small laugh leave my lips and shook my head in disbelief. "Alright, I'll stop," Olivia said, crossing her arms as we continued to walk to her place. "What did you two talk about?" Olivia asked.

I looked at her, "Books, first name basis," I said. Olivia unlocked the white gate, sliding it open for us to walk through. "So he's interested in getting to, you know, huh," Olivia said, closing the gate and locking it. We walk up the dirt path, "I guess," I said. Olivia lived in a two-story house that was a nine-minute walk from college; Olivia never mentions her parents, only that they're wealthy and made her live on her own since high school. Till she married Namjoon.

Olivia unlocks the front door, "Otherwise, Professor Bahng wouldn't be asking you for your number, nor looking for you at work." Olivia said with a smirk. We slipped off our sneakers and walked inside the house, "I don't know, I'm not interesting enough for him." I said. Hugging myself as I saw my reflection in the mirror that sat by the entrance, "Lacey, you're cute and gorgeous. Of course, Professor Bahng would find you attractive, not to mention God blessed you with a curvy body. And he's also blessed you with such a nice ass, and of course, let's not forget your double Ds." Olivia said. I sighed and groaned as we sat on the couch, "I don't know; Professor Bahng is...hot and handsome. But...I don't know. He just got out of a relationship." I said, covering my face with one of the cushions.

"When I see him, my mind goes feral with unholy thoughts, but it also goes gooey and bubbly just imagining what type of gentleman he is," I said, looking at Olivia. She nods, "You wanna fuck him but shower him with your romance and love." Olivia said with a smile. I nodded and hid my face again, "Babes, you're head over heels for him. It's cute; you're in love." She said. Am I?