00| Unholy

A sigh left my lips as I took a sip of the pink drink watching Olivia flirting with her husband as Bryan went off flirting with some stranger. I could feel the alcohol rush through my veins as I sat in the booth, drinking my problems away. 

My feet felt heavy as I walked down the hallway of rooms and bathrooms, and my chest pounded as the music got louder. Couples crowded the doors as they made out or spoke in each other's ears; as I made my way to a door. Upon opening the door, I heard someone gasp I looked up to see one of the dancers giving a private dance. I bit my lip in embarrassment, "I'm sorry," I slumped out as I glanced at the stranger sitting down. My blood went cold and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach as I did a double take before leaving the room.

I hurried down the hallway drunkenly, my eyes searching for Olivia and the others. Did I see him? Or was it a hallucination? My mind began to ache as I walked out of the club; I inhale the fresh air. Gripping my hoodie, I looked around the street; I need to leave. 

I thanked the uber driver as I got off the car; there were so many questions running through my head. Why did he lie? Why couldn't he tell the truth? Why that club? Out of the other clubs, why that one? Entering the house, I saw mom was passed out on the couch with her phone in her hand. I groan softly as I gently threw a blanket over her; I stumbled up the staircase feeling tired and angry. How do I tell my own mother that I saw my father at a club? Not just any club but a strip club, not to mention he lied to her about his where are about. 

I entered my bedroom; I flop on my bed, letting my body melt into the sheets. I huff as I turned to my side, "What the fuck" I murmured. I sit up, letting my hair fall forward. I could hear arguing from outside my window, my brows furrowed in confusion as I walked over to the curtains. Peeking slightly, I saw a couple standing outside the porch. "You're always busy Christopher! You never have time for us! Work is all you ever do! You workaholic! I'm tired of waiting and waiting for something to happen between us, Chris why can't you put me first?" The woman sounded pissed off; I leaned my head against the wall feeling bad for being nosy. 

I heard my father's car pull into the driveway, and my breath hitched as I listened to my mother cursing in Spanish. This wasn't my father's first time getting home late; he's done it multiple times, but tonight...I discovered the reason for his lies and staying out past midnight. I closed my eyes and heard them start chaos in the living room; things were never like this for them. Things began to happen this way after my twelfth birthday; only things have gotten out of hand already. 

Locking my bedroom door, I got under the covers and closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep through it. Who would've guessed that my father had been going to strip clubs behind my mother's back? What else is he hiding?