MEETING HIS PINK LANDS...

Começar do início

"I love you Vikas..."

"I love you too Anu..."

Both of them sung folklore as they passed through the streets of Jaipur.

Soon they reached the fort. It was almost eve. The view of the city was breathtaking. They both felt the breeze and a sudden rush of memories created a mystical effect on them.

"Remember Anu, this was exact same place where I proposed you..." Vikas said as he pointed out to one of the parts of the fort's walls.

"How can I forget it? I still remember, you had showered me with roses by standing above the wall's edge

"How can I forget it? I still remember, you had showered me with roses by standing above the wall's edge..." Anuja said as she saw Vikas moving away from her.

"Where are you going..."

Vikas simply smiled at her question. He went near the wall and climbed above it.

"Anuja... My dear wife... I love you..." Vikas said as he showered her with rose petals.

"OMG Vikas... I love you too... But please, come down from that wall... I'm scared..."

"Ohh, don't worry dear... I want to shout aloud to this world... ANUJA HOODA I LOVE YOU..." Vikas screamed in joy as Anuja shyly smiled.

"Mr. Vikas Hooda, I love you too, but please, please climb off that wall..." Anuja pleaded him but he stayed there still.

"No Anuja... You also join me up here. It's so beautiful... Can you click my picture?" Vikas asked her as she took the camera from him.

"Say cheese..." Anuja said as the shutter sound followed her voice.

"Anuja, come here na... Let's, let's just enjoy the view together..." Vikas said as he refused to climb off the wall.

"Naa baba... Hume unchaio se darr lagta hai... Par aab jald se jald niche utariye... Sham hone aayi hai, ab ghar laut te hai... (No... I'm scared of heights... But you climb off soon now. It's almost late evening, let's head back home.)" Anuja said as Vikas laughed.

"Try living the moment Anu..." He said as he spread his arms, embracing the air.

Anuja finally gave up and joined him on the top of the wall. The view was really beautiful. Both of them hugged each other and they sung the songs of love.

But suddenly, the beautiful day came to a dark ending. As they say, not everything in this world can be perfect - likewise wasn't even their day...

All of a sudden, vikas lost his balance. He managed to push Anuja back on the ground but failed to keep his balance. Anuja stood there, as she saw him falling off the edge, screaming her name.

"Anu...." His voice echoed the valley as she saw him going deep down.

Anuja quickly called for help and ambulance. They managed to rescue Vikas. Anuja accompanied him upto the hospital. But sadly, he didn't made it upto the end.

"Anuja, I'm sorry. I should have listened to you. I love you Anu..." He breathed his last on her lap, in the ambulance....

-------------------------------------------------

"Vikas...." Anuja bolted up as she woke up from her sleep.

"Vikas, you indeed made that day memorable for me... I'll never forget a visit into your pink lands..." Anuja spoke as she wiped the corner of her eyes.

"I'm always with you Anu..." She read the message Vikas had once written for her on an image, clicked at the very same spot of Nahargarh Fort.

Vikas loved writing little notes of happiness on pictures which they clicked. This habit of Vikas still kept him alive in Anuja's heart. But she still never forgets that incident where she saw her beloved leaving this world in her arms...

Still, that entire day replays in her mind as she sleeps on the couch, holding their image in her hands...