Black and Red

"I can't wait to be part of this team, McLaren was a great place but this is the high level competition." You smiled as you sat with Toto
"We hope this year we can win both titles again."
"Talk about being robbed. We are so glad Daniel and Lando didn't have to be part of any of that really" you replied, saying landos name made you doubt your move but you knew you couldn't bear McLaren.

"Hiya you alright" George said as he walked in.
"Please take a seat and we will get started" tot said as George took a seat next to you.

It was strange to be back with George after two years at McLaren but getting to work with your cousin made things really easily and especially the past working relationship you knew exactly what George needed to perform.

Toto went through this years race plans so you could set goals and targets, highlighting the British GP as that would include more press events so training schedules coming up to it would be slightly different. Angela joined a zoom call from being with Lewis in knack and she was one of the sweetest people you had ever spoken to. She was going to set out some different training ideas you could try as her experience was what everyone wanted.

Most importantly you discussed the mental health of not just George this year but also yourself as the changes, pressures and speculations could flare so you had to be prepared to keep quiet on the media side if asked but remain open with the Mercedes' team. They didn't know about yours and Micks relationship apart from George obviously so you wanted to give it until the season opener to let that one loose however Mick decided to tell the world as ultimately it was him too with the pressure of 'stealing' landos girlfriend. You both agreed before you left you would let him make the first move on posting about his new girl before you did. That being said, at race weekends you would have to be alone without Mick and not integrate with the Haas team as it would tell the full story. Moreover, with him recently being announced as the 2022 Ferrari reserve driver I'd be was called up he would be a main competition against Mercedes' and the top running teams so it was important no data is shared either way.

Once the informal meeting was all done one of the logistics team kitted you out with the full meracdes weekday and race weekend kit, bag, shoes, belt, glasses, notepads, pencils and bottles. You sat there for a moment after taking the full experience in, this was a winning team. This was your year. You posted on your way in this morning and decided to check and see how your post was doing.
———————————————————————————
@annataylor_99

annataylor_99: oh hey! Didn't see you there :)  @georgerussell

annataylor_99: oh hey! Didn't see you there :) @georgerussell

New year, old job, new place!

—————————————————————————
You pulled out your phone to check your notifications and saw several...

Mick♥️: hi honey, I don't suggest Instagram for today. Call me when your home xxx

Charlotte 🤍: avoid the socials today, I'll FaceTime you after. I've had some hate myself. Stay well Xx

Carlos 🏎: holy guacamole. Stay off your Instagram. And definitely stay off Twitter!!! I'm going to speak to lando and tell him that he needs to sort his 'girl' out. Please give me a call later.

What the hell had gone on.
With the past you knew social media can be awful but also very supportive and you couldn't help but have to have a look what had gone on. No. Mick said not to. It must be for a reason.

Carlos gave it away really, landos new 'friend' must of said something or posted something directed towards you but you knew at the end of the day everyone would of seen past it. 

As you got home that evening, still without having checked your phone properly to find out what had gone on you threw your bags on the kitchen island and went to watch some tv as dinner cooked. Mick was still training for the next hour on some sim work as he was at Ferrari doing some work with them.

You opened your phone once again and went to tiktok. Jesus Christ. Three of the 8 videos you went through were images of lando being with this blondie at a fancy breakfast place that day before another two videos that people had made about you to the song 'jealousy'. You hated things like this. It made you feel like you were on show for everyone to see and judge. That was enough of that for today you thought.

Now to Instagram.

The girl lando has been seeing while he was away had posted on her story a picture of her kissing his cheek as he was sleeping with the captions
"New year, old necklace, new man. Oh hey @landonorris didn't see you there"

It was literally the same as what you wrote about Mercedes'. Your profession. Your job. Your workplace. How pathetic could someone really get and the fact she had taken the photo without lando seeing wouldn't of left him too happy either you guessed. The comments on your post were all very confused to what was going on considering one of your last posts was with lando at the final race.

Twitter

This is where things always got nasty, people were reposting screenshots of this girls story along side your caption which is clearly copied due to the time difference of it being posted.

"Looks like lando woke up"
"He can now fit in as he has his model girlfriend"
"How can someone else now take my lando! I thought I had a chance against that other girl but not now"
"What's happened to Anna?"
"Once a bitch always a bitch, this new girl has a track record. She tried it on with Pierre in 2017 while he was on holiday"

They were just a few of the comments. Most were hateful. Some were meh.

You took a deep breath as you decided to call Carlos like he asked you to do.
"Hello?" You stuttered
"Hola, are you ok, one second it's loud in here let me move" Carlos replied as you waited. "Ok im all good, are you ok Anna?"
"I don't know" you said starting to blubber
"Don't cry, don't cry over him" Carlos reassured.
"I just don't know what to say. I know I don't love him but it still hurts" you said, now crying
"It's ok. It always hurts. It's still soon. Have you spoken to mick?"
"Erm"
"It's ok, I know."
"Ok, no not yet"
"Would you like me to pass the phone to him?" Carlos asked
"Please, im so sorry for being like this. You need to focus"
"No of course not, don't apologise. Friends first"

It went quiet for a bit and then you could hear the cars running again before Carlos shouted over to mick.

"Hello darling, how are you feeling?"
"Pretty shit not going lie" you cried
"It's ok, im here. Do you want to talk?" He asked
"No, there's nothing to talk about. I know im upset and it might seem like I still have feelings but I don't and I don't know why im getting so upset."
"I think of you have seen the comments of others it won't be helping. I know Anna, it's ok"

You took a deep breath. "I love you" you whispered down the phone
"I love you too. It's going to be ok" he reassured "I finish my tests tomorrow morning. Is it ok if I come to visit?" He asked
"Of course! I'm the one in your house" you giggled slightly. "I can't wait to see you"
"Me too, big hugs?" He asked and you could tell he had that smile on his face
"Of course!" You replied and instantly he made you feel at ease.
"Turn off your Instagram comments and don't post anything. Delete Twitter but don't tell anyone. I'll be there for when you get home tomorrow I promise."
"Thank you, how is it going? Everyone there?"
"Yeah it's going great, looking really good. The suit looks pretty good I'd say."
"Oo im going to need a photo of that for proof" you smiled
"Of course, yeah it's me Carlos and Charles. Isla and Charlotte aren't here so don't worry you not missing much apart from a very loud garage" he laughed
"Aw, it sounds fun. Well I'll let you go I need to make some dinner"
"It's ok, I'll call you back in a bit?" He asked
"Please. I love you"
"I love you too"