Chapter 9

TRIGGER WARNING:

VIOLENCE; STRONG LANGUAGE

____________________

Arcanus - Shereena's Cabin

"By the way Why are you holding a fireball?"

"Oh uhm...I I thought you were an intruder" she stutters and makes the fireball disappear.

"How did you do that?" he asks her, confused.

"How did I do what?" She asks back, pretending not to know anything.

"The fireball"

"What Fireball...?"

"The one you just had in your hand"

She puts her hand on his shoulder before the purple glow of her magic starts pulsing in her eyes as she locks eyes with him.

"There never was a fireball and you are going to forget the entire conversation we just had when I snap my finger in 3...2...1" She snaps her finger and her eyes turn back to normal.

Loki blinks.

"What are you doing here?" He asks her. "I thought you were asleep"

"Yeah I was but you woke me up." She answers with a tired look on her face.

"I'm sorry I just wanted to make myself some tea because I couldn't sleep." He strokes the cats back and Shereena smiles.

"If you don't mind you can make one for me too and we can sit down on the porch and look at the stars. It's August, the month with the highest chances of seeing a shooting star here on earth. And if you see one you can make a wish. But don't tell anyone what you wished for or else it won't come true."

"Maybe if you want you can tell me more about those mortal traditions that you have here, too" He smiles at her.

"I can do that" She smiles back at him and they meet in the middle for a soft and slow kiss.

He wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her closer. She puts her hand on his chest and pulls out of the kiss and chuckles as the kettle on the stove starts to whistle.

"I really would like to keep kissing you but the water for our tea is ready. What kind of tea do you want?"

"Do you perhaps have something to calm me down and help me sleep better?"

"Of course I can make you lavender tea if you want"

He nods and gives her a small smile. She smiles back and heads to the herb cabinet to get him the Lavender tea blend.

"Do you make them yourself? The herbs, I mean" He asks her.

"Yeah I do I grow them and dry them" She gives him a soft smile.

When their tea is ready they both sit down on the doorstep of the cabin, a soft blanket around their shoulders as they drink their tea and watch the shooting stars light up the night sky.

"I don't think I have enough wishes for this amount of shooting stars" he whispers and she smiles.

"You don't have to wish on every single one" She puts her head onto his shoulder and closes her eyes, holding the steaming hot cup in her hand.

"Oh" He says blushing with a surprised and slightly embarrassed look on his face.

New York City - Avengers Tower