Chapter 5

TRIGGER WARNING:
BLOOD, DEATH

____________________

After the hours I spent in the lab with Tony doing tests and working on my suit, I was pretty exhausted. It was around dinnertime we decided to call it a day. We came pretty far, and as we ended our experiments Jarvis was able to start fabricating the first version of the suit.

And Natasha kept her promise and dropped in at around 4 pm bringing us coffee and something to eat. We showed her our drafts and ideas as the three of us sat around a box of donuts, each of us holding a steaming coffee in a to-go cup in our hands.

She liked our Ideas and even had some additions for the design.

After the first round of tests, before Natasha dropped in, I showed Tony the gems, since they are the source of my powers.

"Okay the first round has been pretty good so far. Do you want to take a break or should we start the next round?" He asks me as he gets up from behind his monitor.

"I could use a short break to drink something…" He opens the door of the chamber for me and hands me my smoothie as I step out. I take it and drink a few sips. I feel the energy boost rush into my blood system after the first gulps. 

I walk up to Tony and look at the results on his screen.

"Can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure what is it?"

"You know I can't always control my powers and when my fears take over me I can control them even less… Would it be alright for you to build a safe room into my apartment? I don't want to hurt anyone or anything when I'm in that state… neither do I want to blow up the tower..."

"Of course y/n… "

"But please don't tell anyone about it. Not even Natasha. It's our little secret. Okay?"

He puts his thumb and index finger together and zips his mouth, locks it and throws away the key. 

"Thank you…" I smile.

"I do have one question though… where are your powers coming from? I see a large amount of energy in your chest..." He points at the screen that shows what looks like a Thermal image of my body, but is actually showing an energy radiance.

I zip open the suit and reveal the gems that are sticking out of my chest.

"They come from those…"

"Are those real?"

"As real as they can be."

"They look so tiny…"

"They're not… they go through almost my entire chest. They are very large…"

"Did it hurt?"

"The worst pain in my life…"

"If they are the source of your powers… would it be alright if we did some tests on them?"

"Sure…"

Then he started going to work. 

I pushed the sleeves of the one piece suit off my shoulders and let the top part hang down from my waist. 

"This just gave me an Idea… If we can connect the suit directly to your stones we would have a way to let the suit adjust to your powers…"