Chapter 7

EARLIER THAT DAY

3rd person PoV

- Arcanus - Mount Belva (Somewhere in between the east coast of Greenland and the Norwegian Island group Spitzbergen in the European Arctic Ocean) -

A light breeze is blowing around the summit of Mount Belva as a purple portal opens and the, now back to brunette haired, witch and the god of mischief step through. The breeze blows through their hair and the golden glow of the setting sun is making their skin shimmer in varous shades of gold.

"Where are we…?" The god asks.

"Welcome to Arcanus…" She steps closer to the edge, looking down at the fallen kingdom "...This is my home…" She looks over her shoulder giving him a soft smile.

He steps closer to her and their hands briefly touch.

"Wow… this is beautiful…" A small gasp escapes his mouth.

"Yeah I know…" She smiles, looking completely different from her role of the empress that she took on earlier in Loki's cell.

"You know Belva is latin and means "beautiful view…" He says, looking at her "but I don't know if they mean the view over the kingdom or the view of the beautiful woman standing next to me…"

"Ok wow I was having a moment and you ruined it."

"Honestly I didn't know the Empress of Shadows had a soft side…"

"That's the difference between Raven and me."

"Wait, you're not the same person…?"

"Not really no… She's me but she also isn't at the same time. Raven doesn't know love, she's feeding off her own hunger for power. I on the other hand may not have had the happiest childhood but my father... he loved me. On the outside he may have seemed heartless and evil but he always had a soft spot in his heart for his little girl…"

He smiles at her, she can feel it but she doesn't look over to him.

"Come on… let's go home…" 

She flicks her wrist and they vanish in a cloud of purple smoke before reappearing in another purple cloud in front of a cabin in the woods. 

"Is this your place…?" He asks her.

"No, I feed small children here before turning them into gingerbread men." She answers a hint of seriousness in her voice.

He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again.

"No, of course I live here. And No, I don't turn children into gingerbread." She laughs and rolls her eyes.

"You really had me there…" He says, scratching the back of his neck.

She opens the door and they both step into the small house. 

Just as she closes the door she is being greeted by a black fur ball that jumps off the armchair and trots into her direction on soft paws. Just as it reached her it started snuggling around her leg. She picks it up, giving it a kiss on the forehead before giving it a good portion of snuggles. 

She turns around to Loki with the pet on her arm.

"Look buddy who we got here… This is Loki, a friend of your mommy… Loki, this is Obsidian… my cat... "

"Oh I love cats…" he softly strokes the head of the cat and after a few strokes you can hear a small purr coming from the fur ball. She hands the kitten over to Loki and he holds it on his arm, scratching the back of his head