14| 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑒

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

¢нαρтєя ƒσυятєєη

Take deep breaths, Azelie. You can do this.

All Azelie Kosefs could do in her wait was to manifest good outcomes to this meeting, as she drove up the colossal driveway of the Deliano home. The mansion loomed over her, and she could feel heavy darkness in her soul as she observed the beautifully dark home. The occupants of this house had felt death and pain before.

The feeling was overwhelming even to her.

It was less than 2 weeks since Azelie got the call that her landlord was selling the complex and she had done everything she could to convince him not to sell. The landlord, frustrated by her insistence, told her to try with the Delianos themselves. But, she knew she could not go into their office without knowing who they were. So, she explained the situation to Victor, who in turn asked Mikael about the mysterious family.

When Mikael heard of her intentions to fight their decision, he came to her house personally to tell her one sentence;

"Don't fight this, Azelie. Take the money. This family is not to be played around with. With a blink, they can destroy you and everyone you love."

Azelie shook her thick curls furiously, refusing to accept that. Then, in a confident tone, she replied, "I will not be afraid of them, because the only person I fear is God."

With a wry smile filled with a knowing pain, Mikael muttered darkly, "That's good because Xante Deliano is not God, he's the Devil, made flesh. You should not fear him, you should dread simply being in his presence,"

Folding her arms, Azelie looked down at the ground stubbornly, "Look Mikey, if you came here to dissuade me, don't bother. Cooklie & Kream is everything to me, I'm not going down without a fight,"

A few moments of silence passed as Mikael observed her, almond eyes watching diligently. He saw the persistence in her gaze and how much the bakery meant to her. With a heavy sigh, he announced, "Fine. I'll set up a meeting with his wife. I can't promise anything except a meeting with the two of them,"

"That's all I need, Mikey." Azelie said gratefully, thankful for his help, "Thank you,"

And that was how she found herself driving up their massive driveway, her stomach doing Olympic-level flips at how nervous she was. She parked her Tesla near the front doors, where two bulky bodyguards stood, gazes blank and cold. When she exited the cool car, stepping into the warm LA heat, the bodyguards only gave her a look of observation and opened the large double doors for her to enter.

After all, Azelie had identified herself at the gate. With a shaky breath, she entered the mansion and a gasp of admiration escaped her lips.

This place was magnificent.