7| 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑖𝑒

song: goodnight n go by ariana grande

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

Ⲥⲏⲁⲣⲧⲉꞅ 7

"For you," Liam nervously handed a set of peonies to a beautiful Azelie, butterflies fluttering deep within him. She gave him a large smile that caused his heart to skip a slight beat as she collected the flowers. Standing at her mahogany door, Azelie held a black purse as balanced rather awkwardly on her heels, "You look absolutely beautiful, Azelie,"

Her smile turned shy as her brown eyes lit up at his honest compliment. Azelie turned towards the glass-themed house as Liam stuck his hands in the pockets of his slacks, nerves getting the best of him. 

"Thank you. You can come in, I need to find a vase for these," She said, meeting his baby blue gaze. He followed her into her shared home with Victor, taking note of how the small woman liked her space.

It was one of the things that made Liam unique. With every partner he dated, he made sure to mentally note what they liked and what they didn't, from what products they used or the type of clothing style they preferred or their favourite foods. Even some said it was a waste of time, Liam gave his all with every relationship. His gaze moved from Azelie to her home once more.

The house was designed in a minimalist fashion with high wooden beams, hardwood flooring and monochromatic palettes. Even though it was simple, Liam could see bits of Azelie throughout the home. From the cookies cooling on the island to the picture frame of her holding a Haitian flag in what seemed like a festival. She was wearing a blue, red and white themed, bejeweled costume with feathers and a bedazzled, extravagant crown.

"Is this a Caribbean festival?" Liam asked interestedly, tempted to touch the picture, but deciding not to do so because he did not know if she liked people touching her things or not.

Placing the peonies in a glass vase, she nodded excitedly, "Yeah, I've been Los Angeles' reigning Miss Haiti for two years now,"

Liam raised his brows and smiled, "That's amazing," Then, a question was nagging in the back of his head, but he held his tongue, because he wondered if it might come across as offensive.

Azelie folded her arms across her silk corset dress and slightly smirked, "Just ask me what you want to ask,"

Liam chuckled under his breath and rested his arms on the counter, eyeing the delicious warm cookies on the counter. The two of them decided to have the dinner at Azelie's house after nearly two hours of bickering about who should host. 

As much as Liam wanted to take her out to an expensive restaurant, he knew that the paps usually camped out at the best restaurants in LA, hoping to catch a glimpse of any celebrities. He shook off his thoughts and raised his blue eyes towards Azelie, changing the subject.