2| 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑤𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑗𝑎𝑚 𝑚𝑎𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑛

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

¢нαρтєя тωσ

23-year-old Azelie Kosefs hummed as she poured in the flour for her famous Chocolate Chip Cooklies, unconsciously. She had done the recipe so many times, she could practically do it in her sleep. It was the light of dawn, 7 am on a Saturday morning, but Azelie was wide awake as she prepared the baked goods for her dessert house, Cooklie & Kream, in time for the rush of the crowd at the store's opening 2 hours later.

The unusual name for the bakery was recommended by her best friend Victor Hernandez, an eccentric Venezuelan whose love for his face, rivaled the deepness of his pockets. Azelie was certain that Victor's family came from a secret drug empire as all the male seemed to do was come into the bakery and eat the goods for free. But, she did not mind, after all, Victor was the only investor in her business.

Opened only a year ago, Cooklie & Kream was a huge success for a small business. Located in Santa Monica, the store had people coming all the way from San Francisco, four hours away, to taste the sweet ice-cream and soft cookies, then take a walk on the sandy beach. The quaint dessert house was painted in a bright white and pastel color theme, serving everything from baked goods, to ice-cream to even sweets and chocolates.

And Azelie was its proud owner.

Azelie could not remember when she had decided that baking was all she wanted to do, she had just always known. Her earliest childhood memory was when her stunning Haitian mother muttered rapidly in Creole as she cleaned the flour and sugar off a giggling three-year-old Azelie. Throughout her life, she had always had a sweet tooth and creating desserts was all she had ever known.

A couple curls fell loose from her hair as she shook chocolate chips into the mixture. By the back door, Aiden Goode and Jade Lee lifted in bags of flour and boxes of cream from the store SUV, struggling at the weight.

"Zizi, where do you want these?" Aiden grunted, brown hair falling over his face. Azelie turned towards the two employees with a small smile.

"Towards the back wall there,"

When the bags were placed down, Jade let out a sigh, and tightened her hairband on her long, black hair. Her slanted obsidian eyes drooped in exhaustion as she placed herself on one of the kitchen stools. The Singaporean college student was on an academic scholarship, pre-med, volunteered at a vet clinic and still had time to come in to mix the ice cream and serve it to the bustling crowd.

"Jade, don't you think you're overworking yourself?" Azelie asked gently, causing the small girl to jump awake, her white crop top following the action.

Jade snorted then stood to tie the laces on her sneakers, and tiredly responded, "I'm Asian. There is no such thing as overworking myself,"

Aiden flexed his muscles in his wife-beater, green eyes twinkling with mischief. While he was also a college student, he was more lax about his education, taking it with comedic relief. This was due to his father being some big corporate lawyer in California. Aiden had only taken the job to piss off his overbearing father because the wages he received, he gave half to Jade.