32

K I L L I A N

FLASHBACK

I've only been in my office for a couple of hours and I've already completed most of the work that needed to be done.

I was about to leave to go see Aurora but was stopped when Stephan came into my office. He's been my best friend for years and is now my second in command, he's met Aurora a couple of times but he likes to keep to himself a lot.

"There's a meeting downstairs in a couple of minutes, it's about you and Aurora so you have to keep your shit together for this one." He informed me before walking out with me following behind.

Walking into the meeting room, I go straight to the head of the table with Stephan sitting beside me. I look around to see some of my most loyal guards, my mother my father, and many of our other close associates.

What's going on?

The whole meeting consisted of them telling me how Aurora will be in more danger because at the ball people noticed the attachment I have towards her.

It was mostly that, but when they decided to talk about the wedding and what her place will be in my Mafia, I started getting angrier and angrier.

Aurora and I had discussed not having an actual wedding. I would've been able to go through with it, but I knew Aurora wasn't ready and there was no way I was gonna let her go through with it if she wasn't comfortable.

She's already got so many things that she needs to finish with school and her own businesses, so I really couldn't listen to them talking about her new position in my business as well.

She hasn't even been properly announced as the Italian mafia princess yet, and that's for her own family.

The last thing I want is to lose her. She's already got so many responsibilities and she's only fucking 18 years old. I don't care if I'm only one year younger, but frankly, I care more about Aurora's health and happiness than mine.

After the meeting finished I went straight to the club and got absolutely smashed.

Hearing them talk about how Aurora will be more of a target and how she will need to get more security around her. Honestly just made my blood boil as I kept thinking about how I found her in that cage, and the first time I saw her in the basement of her house with electrical wires attached to her bare skin.

Both times looking like she was on the verge of death.

I didn't know how long I was in the club but I was thankful that the bartender was making sure to keep the random girls off of me because at this point I couldn't keep my focus on anything around me.

"I'll be back. I need to piss" I slurred my words to the bartender after I downed another shot he handed me.

Trying my best to walk straight I know I didn't make it far when I decided to sit on the ground, leaning my back against the wall with my legs spread out in front of me.

Feeling multiple pricks around my neck, I didn't even have time to process what was happening when I felt my body falling limp onto the ground, with darkness clouding my vision.

My head is pounding and I feel like I'm going to be sick any second now. I try moving my head, just for a hand to grab my throat and twist it in the other direction.

What the fuck.

Moving my arms I feel extremely weak as I'm even having trouble pushing this heavy thing off of me.