Chapter 55 ~ Overthinking

"It's TIME FOR OUT LAST ROUND! But before that, good news for anyone who didn't make the finals! Since this is a sports festival, we have prepared some side games everyone can participate in! We even brought some cheerleaders from another country for crowd pumping!"
The crowd went silent as all eyes fell on the Class 1-A girls who wore the same cheerleading outfits as the foreigners. Each of the girls wore a deadpanned expression. It was too late to change their clothes. Everyone had already seen them.

Y/N looked at the other girls from the other classes, only for them not to have the cheerleading outfit as she did.

"Looks like Class 1-A is going full-on fan service!" Present Mic announced without a hint of sympathy for the girls.

Y/N could only place the pompoms closer to her body in embarrassment. This was too much, too many eyes. The way the uniform felt was so restricting. Even though Yaoyorozu had made it perfectly to size everyone, it felt so unfamiliar. It was not like most of the clothes she wore or like her hero costume.

It was uncomfortable.

She looked at her other classmates, and they all had similar faces.

"What! You tricked us!? You're gonna regret this!" Yaoyorozu yelled at Mineta and Kaminari. Y/N silently stalked over to the boys; without a moment's hesitation, two fists landed on both the boys' heads.

"I will kill u." Y/N seethed, glaring at both the boys, who were now rubbing their heads in pain as small tears pricked the edges of their eyes.

"I did it for you. Now everyone can see how hot you are, even Todoroki!" Kaminari wailed in a quiet, painful whisper, eyes already looking at the stoic boy who had kept a considerable distance from everyone's eyes to the ground.

"Well, your stupid plan didn't even work!" Y/N whisper yelled at Kaminari, "He's not even looking!"

"So you want him to look," Kaminari said in a sly voice.

"Oh? maybe I didn't hit you hard enough!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Take off your shirt."

"What."

"Take it off. I will wear it, and you can go shirtless for all I care; if I have to get embarrassed, so will you."

"But Y/N..."

"Take. It. Off. Look at it this way you can show the fans at home your awesome bod." Y/N said jokingly. Kaminari didn't even take much time in thinking it over before quickly removing his shirt and shoving it into Y/N's arms as he flexed his muscles at the closest camera. Y/N rolled her eyes and quickly put the shirt on.

Before anything else could be said, Midnight called attention to the crowd with the crack of her whip. Everyone silenced as all attention was faced to Midnight.

"Come closer and draw to see who you are up against. Then you will be free to enjoy the mini recreational games before we start! The 16 finalists have to option to take part in said or games or take time to rest and come up with a strategy! I'll start with the first-place team," Midnight announced to the crowd.

She was not even two steps forward before a hand stuck out in the crowd. Y/N looked up to see Ojiro was the one. In a quiet voice, he had said, "Uh... Excuse me. Sorry but I am withdrawing." The group gasped. They were confused. It was a major moment for him for everyone. Yet he was withdrawing?

"It just wouldn't be right," He continued, "I barely remember anything from the calvary battle until the very end of it. I think it was that guy's quirk. I know this is a great opportunity, but it just doesn't feel right to go on."

Midoriya cautiously moved to his classmate, "Just think about this...."

"I have alright! Everyone gave it their all in round two, but I was just stuck being someone's puppet, "He shook his head, "I don't want to advance if I don't even know how I had gotten here. It wouldn't be fair."

Y/N looked at him, and even she could not disagree with him. If she were in his position, she'd have quit too. Sure she may have this awesome power, but she prides herself in the effort she made to get to where she is.

People tried to persuade Ojiro to make a different decision, but he was having none of it. Another guy, short and stubby looking with bright blue hair, had even pipped up, saying he wanted no part in the final round on the same basis as Ojiro.

Midnight took a second of thought before announcing, "this kind of thought is incredibly naïve boys... you are withdrawn."

Midnight looked to the fifth-place team to get two new contestants. They were keeping things even and all that. However they did not accept and instead told Midnight to choose from a team that kept fighting the whole time. After some debate, Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki were chosen to move forward.

People were finally able to pick who they would be facing during the first round of the last challenge. Y/N stuck her hand into the box pulling out a small slip of paper. It read:

Yuga Aoyama

'He was a decent opponent if it wasn't for his... problem.' Y/N thought to herself with a hand placed on her chin trying to come up with ways she could take him out. Everyone was quickly dismissied from the arena to do their necessary pre game things. Y/N excused herself from her friends needing to change from the costume as well as take time to recharge.

She walked the quiet halls of the stadium looking for the locker room to change. The halls were getting ridiculously hot. And that's when she heard the footsteps. She looked up seeing a tall muscular man she knew all too well.

Endeavor.

Sure Kean was not too far behind him plastering a smile on his face as if he was working a low customer service job.

"You guys haven't officially met. Y/N this is Endeavor my boss!" Kean said a little too excitedly. Y/n knew better than to open her mouth. She knew she may say something she was not supposed to so instead she bowed respectfully.

Endeavor spoke, "Kean has told me much about you. To see you here still participating in the tournament despite the recent events is a good trait of a true hero. Like myself."

It was getting very hard for Y/B to hold her tounge. Him? A true hero? She could laugh at the thought. A true hero doesn't abuse his family. A true hero doesn't make his son's life a living hell!

"A true hero wouldn't be number 2 on the charts!" Y/N blurted out by mistake.

Kean stepped in before Y/N could say anything else or Endeavor blows the stadium to bits as he can see his face turning as red as the flames he worse as a fake beard.

"She doesn't mean that! Teens say anything under stress! Didn't you want to go see your son before the tournament begins? Maybe we can still catch up before its time for them to begin!" Kean began to motion Endeavor away from Y/N.

Y/N scoffed and left the two hearing Kean frantically apologize on behalf of her. She didn't care. She opened the doors of the locker room seeing Ojiro and Izuku sitting at the table discussing what she guessed to be battle tactics. She gave them a slight wave before making her way to the girls area to change into the right clothes as well as take a breather from the whole thing.

Endeavor. The kidnapping. The secrets. Even this festival. Worst of all Todoroki. She knew he wasn't himself. Yet she still felt hurt by what she had heard he had said. Did he really not think of them as friends. Did their time mean nothing to him? Was she a nuisance to him?
She hugged her body tightly falling asleep there on the floor waiting for the announcement to come up calling them to the stands to watch the first.

Midoriya placed a small tap on Y/N's shoulders trying to get her awake as it was now time for the first match.

His match.

She grumbled awake wiping away the dried drool on her face not knowing how long she had slept but she did definitely feel better and rejuvenated.

"Oh! Is it that time already?" she asked Midoriya as he shook his head.

"Yeah... Although Ojiro did help a lot I still feel... unprepared." He shyly confessed to her."I am sure it will be a piece of cake for you! You trained just as much as the rest of us, probably even more if I do say so myself." Y/N boasted.

"If I am being honest I do have some doubts. I haven't had much time to think of that guy's quirk. He barely stuck out in the last two rounds and Ojiro didn't have much information either other than not to speak to him."

Y/N laughed to herself, "How hard could not talking be?" Midoriya laughed too.All he had to do was not talk to the guy and he'd be set. If only he actually did that-

--------------------------------------------

I AM HERE !!!!

back with the offical chapter 55 and more to come peace!!