Chapter 31 ~ Announcement

I groggily woke up to the bright light coming from my balcony. I felt so heavy like an elephant was sitting on me preventing me from getting up. I rose up rubbing my eyes and looked over to my alarm clock and it read 8:25. 

My eyes widened. I was late so late. I jumped out of bed feeling an instant boost in energy and quickly put on my uniform and rushed downstairs to see mom drinking coffee while looking at a newspaper.

"MOM WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP!!!" I yelled rushing through the kitchen grabbing whatever food I could eat on the way out. She took a long-exaggerated sip of her coffee, "Good morning to you too. It would have been unfair for me who woke up on time to go out of my way and wake you up. I may end up being late to work." 

I rolled my eyes. She's still mad about yesterday. I don't even have the time or the patience to deal with her this morning. I grabbed my makeshift breakfast and ran out the door with a hurried goodbye.

The streets were bustling with people getting to wherever they needed to be. With a few sorries and excuse mess, I finally made it to the gate of the school. I paused to look at my phone it showed 8:40. I am already 10 minutes late. I shoved my phone into my skirt pockets and started running through the school to class. Hoping just hoping Iida won't notice. 

Which isn't likely. 

As I neared class, I could hear faint yelling coming from the inside. If there's yelling that means a teacher hasn't come yet. THAT MEAN'S ATTENDANCE HASN'T BEEN DONE. I just need to sneak into class and get to my seat. I've never been so happy to have a seat in the back row. I can just scoot by the walls...but Iida sits at the wall. He will see me for sure. 

I have no choice but to accept it. 

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Everyone was busy chatting it up and didn't realize I had walked in yet. 

Phase 1 complete. I looked and saw that Iida wasn't in his seat. SCORE! I started to sidestep along the walls to get to the back of the class. 

"Y/N? What are you doing?"

I looked to see Mina facing me. 

I forgot her seat was by the walls too. "shhhhhhhh! I am trying to get to my seat so Iida won't notice I am late. I won't hear the end of his lectures," I whispered to her hastily as I looked around the classroom for our class president." 

Mina smiled and brought her finger to her mouth signaling she would be quiet, but it was too late. From the corner of my eye, I saw Iida marching right up to me like a robot. 

I am so screwed. 

"L/N! You know the class starts at exactly 8:30. Not a moment later you are a whole 15 minutes late! Punctuality is key to becoming a great hero someday. If you try to be on time now it'll hurt you in the future," he said as he waved his hands stiffly. I sighed, "Yes Iida. I will try to be on time for class from now on."

As I walked back to my seat, I heard Mina say, "It's not like we have a teacher to teach Homeroom right now. Mr. Aizawa is still at the hospital."

I took a seat at my desk as Sero spoke up, "Maybe we will just have homeroom period off."

"We could have a class study session!" Mom excitedly chirped from behind me. I didn't even want to think about studying my head hurts so bad from all that yelling the other day. I laid my head down on my desk ready to take another nap since Mr. Aizawa is still at the hospital. 

"Morning class."