Chapter 43 ~ Missing

The bustling of the sidekicks and the clicking and clacking of computers filled the halls of the Endeavor Agency. Shouts of various sidekicks could be heard along with the groans of incoming sidekicks from missions.

Endeavor held one of the biggest agencies filled with sidekicks of all backgrounds as long as they suited him. Most sidekicks, of course, had a form of a fire quirk. The only exception for not having a sort of fire quirk was if Endeavor deemed you useful.

His best sidekicks being the Flaming Sidekickers. This particular group was so good at what they do, that most people think they are already well on their way to opening their own agencies. The most important of the four sidekickers was Kean L/N.

His quirk electric flame was one of the best fire quirks Endeavor had encountered. He couldn't just say no when he first saw the boy at his sport's festival. He needed to have it. A boy like that could help his agency become the best and also help him in surpassing All Might. Endeavor couldn't... no he wouldn't let anyone else have the boy.

When he heard that Kean had a little sister about the same age as his dear masterpiece Shoto with a quirk that was better than his prized sidekick. He couldn't wait for internship season and he never missed a day to remind Kean that he needed to be 'spreading Endeavor's training tips'. Which of course was just code for Kean to train his sister to join the agency.

Endeavor thought that once his son, Shoto, would get over his little rebellion Y/N L/N would make the perfect wife for him. Endeavor had never actually met her, not like he actually cared to meet her. All he wanted and needed to know was how good her quirk and how well she can use it was.

If Kean ever came to him to talk about his sister he only permitted that he talks about her great feats. When Kean came to him one day asking him to contact Principal Nezu and recommend Y/N for U.A he did so without hesitation.

Not only had he 'encouraged' his son to go there. This will boost morale for him in society. Just picture it.

"Endeavor the soon-to-be No.2 Hero endorsing an amazing hero to be."

The reporters would eat it up. All he had to do was announce that he was the one that got Y/n into U.A once she ranks in the top three during the U.A Sports festival. He made sure he gave his 'ideas' to the planning committee in exchange for his many sidekicks that could cover the security. He wanted to make sure that both Y/N and his son had the opportunity of showing off their quirks and what better way was a series of battles against other students where you just may have to be selfish enough to get ahead.

The day Kean came into his office asking for a month off. He was less than willing to give it to his best sidekick. However, when he said it was to train his little sister for the sports festival, Endeavor had trouble saying no. His plan was almost in action after all.

He thought that thing he was missing in his journey to becoming No.1 Hero was a lack of connection to the people. If giving his best sidekick a whole month off was going to help him he agreed with it on the condition. He could live with his family for one month but he still had to report to work every day and the tardiness would be waived.

Cause we all know that there is no way Endeavor grants someone what they really want.

Recently Endeavor had begun to notice that Kean hung around the agency for long periods of time. He couldn't help but feel that Kean had taken advantage of his 'kindness'. Why would Kean ask for a month off only to keep hanging around like he never left? There were times were Kean would be gone for a couple more hours than usual so Endeavor kept his thoughts to himself assuming that it was to train Y/N.

It had been two weeks since Endeavor had given Kean his 'vacation' and he was getting more and more anxious though no one could really tell from the unapproachable exterior he had.

Two weeks remained before he would see his second masterpiece in action. The amount of pestering he gave Kean was choking. He wanted to finally get his hands on Y/N to mold her into the perfect wife and hero for his little Shoto.

Unlucky for him, he has never met Y/N before.

Kean sat at his desk anxiously staring at his phone. He was expecting a call and he was getting tired of waiting. His thoughts began racing at the possible outcomes when a buzzing of his phone flowed through his ears.

He picked up his phone quickly looking at the caller ID that read Mother. After a few seconds, he allowed himself to answer the phone.

"Mom I am really not in the mood to hear your useless apologies," he said immediately.

"Kean can we just put that aside right now! You need to come home. I don't know where you are right now and quite frankly I am not in the mood to talk to you about that once again." M/N's voice was shaky and full of frustration. It was clear that she had been crying and was on the verge of crying again.

Kean sighed and went silent giving her a chance to speak.

"Your sister is missing."

The other people occupying the desks around him stopped doing what they were doing. His best friend and member of the Flaming Sidekickers Burnin' looked to him in shock from hearing what his mother had said on the phone.

Burnin' stared at her friend looking at the way he held onto his phone eyes straight ahead in a blank daze not saying a word.

Kean finally spoke, "I am on my way." He cut the phone off but didn't move. Not a muscle flinched.

"Kean?" Burnin whispered reaching a hand over to comfort her friend who was in clear shock.

"Tell Endeavor I'll be heading out." Kean finally said pushing himself out of his desk. His eyes still in a daze as if not fully accepting the information he had heard.

Kean watched as her best friend walk away and out of the agency. From the glass doors, she saw him pick out his phone once again taking a call as he walked to wherever his car was parked. Burning wasted no time in rushing over to Endeavor's main office ignoring the weird stares she received from fellow sidekicks that all meant it was a bad idea.

She briefly knocked on the door before bursting through the door. Everyone in the agency knew how much Endeavor had 'cared' for Kean's little sister. Endeavor never made an effort to try and hid his obsession.

He would just plainly ask Kean about her at the most awkward moments. Whether it was when Kean was talking with other sidekicks about various things or when he was working diligently at his desk.

Everyone never mentioned it. Whether it was fear of Endeavor or the fact that Endeavor kept tabs on the promising heroes in training. Though no matter what anyone thought the interest Endeavor had for Y/N was admittedly... weird.

"SIR! Sorry to interrupt but Kean's younger sister has been reported missing."