Welcome to the Show

Shuichi

The smell of sex and alcohol fill my nose I open the doors to the club. I wish I didn't have to be here, but someone has to catch the criminals, right? As I walk further to the back, I notice a crowd gathered by one stage in particular. I stop by the bar and having two beers, trying to see what the fuss is about, but I just can't make it out. I get one more drink, this time of scotch before giving up, and making my way over there to see what the fuss is about.

I've never been one for clubs and parties. That's why I was disappointed to hear that I'd be assigned to this case. I don't like this place and other crowded events. They're just a pain in my ass. Although, I'm so glad I'm here tonight to witness what's on stage.

"Kokichi! I love you! Please let me sniff your underwear!"

"Kokichi, please let me take you out!

"Yes, Kokichi, shake that shit!"

Everyone screams perverted things at one dancer in particular. Kokichi Ouma. I've heard the name, but I've never seen him up close like this. His purple hair bounces as he moves around the pole, swaying his hips and winking at the crowd. Dollars fly at the short male as his eyes roam the crowd.

He's beautiful... Oh my God. I'm a bit buzzed, probably a bad idea to drink tonight, but technically, I'm not working tonight. I just wanted to scope out the place. I watch in aw as Kokichi finishes in a split. He stands back up before making direct eye contact with me. We stare at each other other for a moment before Kokichi smiles, waves, and then winks at me.

at me...

There was no mistake. That was for me. Kokichi grabs a near-by mic before giggling into it. "Welcome to the show, everyone! How's everyone doing tonight?" Kokichi exclaims into the mic as the club roars in excitement. I only stand there amazed at him. His voice, his hair, his body, everything about him so far is beautiful. His eyes are so captivating and bright. They hold such mystery and beauty.

"So, I'd like to announce that there's never going to be any fun events here again and I'm retiring!" I won't lie, with the amount of money alone I saw in these five to ten minutes, he could retire on that shit right now. "But of course, that's a lie! This coming weekend is our fourth annual Winter Wonderland. All alcohol is seventy percent off, all dancers will dance to songs of your choosing, and my personal favorite part, free food!"

The crowd cheers as Kokichi's eyes find mine once more. I keep my composure, too lost anymore to even consider turning into a blushing, stuttering mess. Again, we just stare, almost as if we're communicating with our eyes. His face blushes momentarily before talking to the crowd again. "So, bring everyone you know! Y'know, let me take care of y'all~ Thank you, everyone, and goodnight!" Kokichi exclaims, putting the mic away. I watch as he walks away towards the back.

The crowd dies down and I walk away. Should I scout the back...? No, no I know damn well I just want to see Kokichi again. My God, he is so beautiful. He's so energetic, and exciting. Not an ounce of boring to him.

Eh... what's the harm in scouting the back, I'll just flash my badge. I'm only a bit buzzed, what's the harm?

     I make the impulsive decision to sneak away from the crowds and go towards the back stage door. The loud music dies down as the red velvet themed main room gets further and further. I walk down the hallway, towards the voices I hear while walking past a few rooms.

"Did you see the hottie in the crowd tonight?"

That same energetic voice from the stage is heard from beyond the door to my right. I tip-toe closer and listen in.