22. Finally! New friend

"The clubs opens on Friday, so from Friday on you can go to the club you signed in" Our math teacher told us "But remember it's on Monday and Friday at 4 o'clock, so after you finish your classes with half an hour apart, class dismissed"

I was packing my books when that girl approached me, I didn't look at her and just continued packing my books to leave.

"Excuse me" The girl shyly said in English to me looking at the ground.

"Yeah? What can I help you" I smiled looking up at her "Oh Riko! Hi"

"As you know... Um, I am new here and.."

"No need to be formal, call me Yuna"

"Oh thanks.. I want someone to show me around the school since I didn't have the time to, and I don't know anyone here-"

"You want me to help you? Of course I can, that'll be fun, I have cool friends too but..." I replied in English and knew she can't speak Korean well yet "They're a bit dumb sometimes but you'll have fun with us, we can be friends" I whispered the first part then smiled at her.

"Really, I'm thankful for your kindness"

"Do you mind if I ask you why you're speaking in English?"

"Oh sorry, I am Japanese, I know Korean but I feel weird speaking it since it's my first time here, I'm not used to it yet"

"Don't need to worry you'll get used soon, let's go maybe they are waiting for us" She nodded and followed me.

~~~~

"Riko! Come and sit with us here" I shouted waving at her when I saw her holding her lunch not knowing where to go.

"You didn't tell us you made a new friend"

"You should have known from the morning Mingyu, she's new to our school and she wanted company"

"Isn't she the one from that day who was sitting beside me?" Wonwoo asked sipping his drink and I replied with a 'yeah, she is'.

Riko sat next to Mingyu and me on her left side "H-Hi" she stuttered.

"Hello Riko, I am Mingyu" He smiled extending his hand to her. She didn't know what to do and just followed what the boy did and shook his hand.

"And this is my dearest best friend Wonie" He slung his arm around Wonwoo patting his shoulder.

"Uh, hi Wonie" She said shyly.

"He means Wonwoo Riko" I corrected him laughing a little and Wonwoo hit Mingyu on his arm.

Riko was embarrassed at her mistake and apologized, though it wasn't important.

"Ey! It's the first day of this week don't start!" Mingyu has annoyance in his voice as he laid his hand where Wonwoo hit him.

"Hello" The other finally replied to Riko's hi.

"Did you forget our bet or do I have to remind you?"

"No I didn't" Wonwoo got up and huffed at what Mingyu said to him. I really don't know what is going on between these two. They are getting more suspicious.

"Do you want me to tag along?" Mingyu smiled brightly showing his teeth to Wonwoo.

"I can't carry two lunches, is this an answer?"

"Let's go then" Mingyu intertwined his arm with Wonwoo and dragged him to the cafeteria cashier.

"Are they together?" I heard Riko's voice saying out of the blue.

"I hope that..." I said lowly out of my mind still looking at how they are bickering about what they will buy.

"Excu-" I quickly interrupted her "NO, NO, they are not, but they have been close friends for years" I laughed feeling my face sweating.

'If they are together I'll be happy for them, but if they're not I don't want to ruin their reputation, I just love them as they are'

She looked at them then I asked her if she wants to go and buy something too.

═════════════♡════════════

Thank you for reading ♡