[Third-Person POV]

The Teenagers deciding on all staying together for a few weeks. For all of their sakes.

It had been about a week so far and everything was going well.

Eden and Michael started teaching Shroud sign language, along with English.

Sign language was used for many things among the children, Michael didn't speak, Shroud couldn't form certain works in English, Eden has a tendency to go quiet if they're panicking, and Tommy and Tubbo were both practically deaf.

That news aside it was now about 2 am.

Eden lay awake in the dimly let children's room.

Everyone else in the house was asleep.

Another night terror had swiftly stolen their rest.

This one's memory was blurry.

Though it contained the crow woman again, along with Technoblade, Wilbur, Phil, Tommy, and Dream.

Though they couldn't figure out what happened.

That aside they had a lot on their mind.

The safety of those they loved.
How to keep happiness in their eyes.
Who it was exactly they could trust.

A soft flutter of wings pried their gaze away from the attic ceiling.

A crow, in the window sill.

And just beyond them the light of a few beacons they knew all too well.

~~~~

Jumping down into the snow below. Small boots crunched on the ground.

Stuffing their hands into their hood pockets they exited Snowchester.

Venturing to the beacons in the icy plains.

Once well into the land, four rhythmic footsteps caught their eyes.

"Kid? What are you doing out here?"
A deep voice cautiously called out.

"Techno!"

Techno jumped off the horse he was on, the one Eden was pretty sure was named Carl, and scooped them up.

Techno held them out in front of him, inspecting for any injuries. Once he saw the goosebumps on their arms he wrapped them into his cape, getting back onto Carl, Eden sat in front of him.

"Care to tell me why you're out in the snow, alone and cold, in the middle of the night?"
Techno questioned, or more say scolded.

"I was looking for you or Phil actually."

Techno raised a brow.
"Why would you need either one of us at this hour? Why are you even awake actually, you're eight? It's like three in the morning!"

"Nightmares."
Eden responded, nonchalantly.

"Okay? And you couldn't go to Tommy for that because?"

"He needs sleep. I don't wanna wake him. Also there was something I wanted to ask you."

"Alright, go ahead."

"How do you protect that of which you love?"

Techno paused, pondering the question for a moment.
"May I know why you ask?"

"From what I've heard, almost everything or everyone people have cared for have been taken, destroyed, or abandoned, if not then at least come close. Nothing good seems to last here."
Eden looked down at their hands, leaning back into Techno's cape.

"I already failed once with Tommy."

Their gaze lifted to meet Techno's.

"I don't want to be alone again."

The arm Techno kept around Eden for balance moved to pull them into his chest, holding them and letting them embrace their emotions. Just as he had done before; in the time they really did feel alone.

"You keep them close too you." Techno started. "You keep them close and protected. Now, you're not always going to be able to save everyone. However, keep those you love as close to you as you can. Nothing hurts more than losing someone you know you could have saved."

Techno's words stretched wise beyond his years. He'd been through a similar conversation before, on the other side of it.
He was sure Phil wouldn't mind him paraphrasing his words a bit.

"For now, don't worry about that. It's not your responsibility."

Looking down a small Eden was now asleep wrapped up in Techno's cape. A small smile on the young ones face.

Following the small footsteps in the snow Carl made it back to Snowchester.

Techno hopped off the horse, Eden asleep in his arms.

As Techno approached the door, the same crow from before flew down from the top floor window.

Techno then sat Eden up on the porch, still wrapped up in his cape, as the crow now held a quickly written piece of paper in its beak.

Getting back on Carl, Techno rode behind some trees where he still had a view of the porch.

The crow jumped onto Eden's leg, poking them in the arm a few times. The child stirred, their eyes fluttering open as the looked down at the crow.

The paper was dropped in their hand, they unfolded it, read it, and smiled. Before standing back up and entering the house.

Smiling, Techno turned back in the direction of his house.

"Icarus please, please prove my fears wrong."