i can't

Before Jeongin could leave, I took both of his hands in mine.

Five years ago, I let go of the one I loved the most. The one who stood by me at my worst. The one I put through hell.

But not this time.

This time was different.

This time I felt bigger than the power my father had over me. Maybe it was because I was a very naive teenager back then but with the countless mistakes you are bound to make during puberty, I regretted letting go of Jeongin the most.

"I can't."

"What?" He finally looked me in the eyes, confusion evident in his face.

"I can't and I will not let go of you. Not again."

Slowly I let my left hand touch his cheek, wiping away the tears carefully with my thumb.

"You are so beautiful, Innie."

The wind was blowing through his hair, making him look even more ethereal in the bright moonlight.
As I let go of the other hand, I pulled him closer by the waist, only a few centimetres separating us. When his chest met mine, I felt his breath hitching. Yet, he didn't push me away. Maybe if I had paid more attention I would have caught his eyes looking at my lips.

"May I have this dance, Yang Jeongin?"

With a shy smile on his lips and cheeks so rosy you could think he was kissed by angels, he gave me a small nod.

And so we danced in the moonlight. Only him and I.

Together.

--

a/n: you and i dancing in the moonlight. kiss you when the moon's right.
baby, i don't want nobody else but you and i.