A New Ally

WARNING: This chapter contains violence.

Lucille approached Harry's front door and was about to knock when the door opened before she had the chance. Harry was taken aback when he saw the armored guest before him. He recognized her from the time he visited Ranulsis.

"Princess Lucille?" Harry questioned. "What are you doing here?" Lucille asked him to let her in and promised to explain everything. Everyone gathered in the living room and Lucielle told them why she was in Violetfield. Harry welcomed Lucille to the resistance, wishing her luck in her career. Lucille settled in one of the many spare bedrooms in the mansion. Meanwhile, there was darkness brewing.

In the Underworld, there's a land called Crimson Highlands. On one of the hills stood a manor home to The Archfiend Posse. All five of the members were having a meeting in the foyer. They were discussing what to do about the resistance.

"So, what's our next move, boss?" Namorg queried.

"Remember those guys who said they're going to help us?" Thalgess replied.

"Oh, yeah." Thaxim said. "What did they call themselves? The Nosillans?"

"Yeah, not sure what that means." Dezorma answered.

"Their group was probably named after their leader or something." Vengra suggested. "Hard to say, seeing as they never want to reveal their identity."

"Can you blame them? We all know what happens to an army when the leader dies. But, believe me, whoever the guy is made a smart choice."

"Speaking of which, I'd just received word that The Nosillans want us to attack City Hall tomorrow morning." Thalgess said. She then explained the plan to her squad. The current residents of Armstrong Mansion would be expecting The Archfiend Posse to storm the mansion. The Nosillians will attack Armstrong Manor while The Archfiend Posse invades City Hall to throw them off track. Nobody would expect The Archfiend Posse to attack Armstrong Mansion, nor did anyone else know of The Nosillians' existence. Using the element of surprise, both groups would succeed with their respective missions. And once Violetfield was under their control, they'll blackmail Maud to surrender Ranulsis to them.

Namorg asked Thalgess if they were really going to give up control over Violetfield. The demoness laughed, saying that they obviously won't. Her posse laughed along with her. It was the crack of dawn and Lucille woke up to do her morning exercises. She opened her window's curtains and happened to look outside. The window was on the second floor, right above the front door. That's how she spotted someone trying to break into the mansion.

Before Lucille could process who the intruders were, one of them punched the doors down. Lucielle quickly got her armor on and grabbed her sword before dashing to the foyer. By then, more people joined the resistance and settled in Armstrong Mansion. Lucielle yelled to get the other occupants' attention, warning them that the mansion was under attack. Magick-users soon emerged from their rooms, ready to attack. Some heard the noise from the foyer, while some heard the cries of Lucille. It wasn't until the princess entered the foyer that she got a better look at the invaders.

Everyone Lucille insulted was attacking Armstrong Mansion save for Hunter Allison. She fought the invaders as she had no time to wonder what they were doing there. Harry stayed locked in his room while the magick-users battled in the foyer. Meanwhile, he's sending messages to his friends outside the mansion, warning them of what's happening. To his horror, Oliver sent some bad news back to him. The Archfiend Posse had invaded City Hall. The mayor was being held hostage until Maud surrendered Ranulsis to them.

Harry dropped his phone in shock. He hadn't set foot outside his room since he heard Lucille's screams, so Harry had no idea who was in the foyer. Time passed, and the British man prayed for his allies to defeat the attackers. Before he knew it, everything finally went silent. Harry didn't realize anything until he heard knocking on his door followed by Vincent's voice. He immediately got up and unlocked the door. Harry then hugged his friend, asking all sorts of questions.

Vincent calmed Harry down and told him what had happened. Harry was surprised that nearly everyone Lucille mocked decided to ambush his mansion. Harry and Vincent went to the foyer to assess the damage. Some of the magick-users were injured and were already heading to the hospital. Harry spotted Lucille trying to pull her sword out of the couch. Harry approached her just as she managed to free her blade, slicing the upper half of the sofa.

"Sorry about your couch, Harry." Lucille apologized. "I was about to stab one of the invaders when she dodged just in time for me to get my sword stuck." Harry said it was okay and that he was just glad Lucielle was okay. It turned out that once The Archfiend Posse seized control of City Hall, The Nosillans retreated, presumably there. Harry asked who The Nosillans were. Lucille explained that it's a group of beings seeking world domination like The Archfiend Posse. And assuming they're both in City Hall, Lucielle and the remaining magick-users would head to City Hall.

"My friends and I will stay with Harry." Ellen said.

"I'm staying too." Vincent added. Once everything was settled, the remaining resistance members set off for City Hall. Harry asked Ellen if she knew exactly who attacked the mansion. His heart sank when he learned that Myrbusk was one of them. Everyone concluded that Myrbusk was the leader of The Nosillans. They weren't sure if the resistance could win the battle against The Archfiend Posse. All they could do was hope for the best.