The Royal Family of Ranulsis

WARNING: This chapter contains violence.

Vincent took a portal that brought him to the inside of Mellow Star Tavern. He froze in shock when he realized that Harry had seen him enter the portal. Both friends simultaneously asked each other what they were doing in the tavern. Harry explained that he was learning defense magick. When Vincent was asked why he was in Mellow Star Tavern, he hesitated before deciding to come clean. Vincent told Harry everything from what he was to why he was in Violetfield. He then expressed how sorry he was for hiding this from Harry.

Harry forgave his friend as he understood why he felt the need to do so. Harry filled him in on everything that's happened since he moved to Violetfield. Vincent commended his friend for choosing not to fight. He even offered to teach Harry a home protection prayer. While working on his magickal abilities, Harry and his friends had spread awareness of the coming Second Violentfield Incident all over town. Some scoffed, saying that the Violetfield Incident couldn't possibly happen twice. Regardless, Harry continued doing all he could to prepare and protect Violetfield.

One day, Harry and Vincent were having some beers in the living room when they heard a knock on the door. Harry got up and answered the door. On the doorstep stood a sixteen-year-old boy. He was tall and slender with raven hair and silver eyes.

"Are you Harry Armstrong?" the boy asked. Harry confirmed and asked for the guest's name. The boy introduced himself as Derrick and asked if he could come in. The idea of having a minor in his house without his parents uneased him. Before Harry could decide what to do, Vincent approached the door, asking who was there. Vincent froze when he saw Derrick.

"Prince Derrick." Vincent said as he bowed. "Wh-what are you doing here?" Harry was taken aback by how his friend addressed the teenager. Vincent introduced Derrick to Harry. Derrick was Heath's son and only child. When asked what he's doing at the mansion, Derrick promised to tell Harry everything if he'd let him inside. Harry obliged and Derrick sat in the chair next to the couch.

Derrick informed Harry of his great-aunt's decision to stay out of Violetfield's affairs. Harry asked Derrick if he could speak with Maud. He wanted the support of Ranulsis should things go south. Derrick agreed and suggested that Harry tell Ellen where he's going beforehand. The young prince was informed of Ellen's return once his family was aware of what was happening in Violetfield. Ellen promised to keep an eye on things while Harry and Vincent were gone. As Derrick led the two to the portal to Ranulsis, he explained the culture and customs to Harry.

Harry was in awe when he beheld the new environment. However, he was so distracted by the Ranulsis's beauty that Vincent had to take his hand before following Derrick. The three of them walked through the castle, searching for Maud, when they heard something. Muffled voices were coming from behind one of the doors.

"Not again." Derrick sighed as he shook his head. He then knocked on the door, telling whoever was on the other side that there were guests. Heath opened the door from the inside, red with anger. However, he calmed down when he saw his son. Heath then noticed Vincent and Harry and welcomed them to the castle. Harry happened to look past Heath and saw Lucille giving her brother a hateful stare. Derrick asked his father if he'd seen Maud.

Heath told him that Maud was in the conservatory. Derrick thanked him before he, Harry, and Vincent left for the conservatory. Harry asked Derrick who the woman with Heath was on the way there. Derrick told him that the woman was his aunt, Lucille. This surprised Harry as Lucille was older than Derrick by eight years. Derrick hesitated before saying something about how his grandfather, Kaine, had been fertile for a very long time. Unfortunately, Kaine died before Derrick was born.

Harry didn't ask how Kaine died as he figured it was old age. Derrick entered the conservatory with Harry and Vincent following behind. Maud was smelling the lavender when she noticed them. She greeted them with a smile and asked Derrick who his friends were. After getting the introductions out of the way, Harry explained his situation to Maud. The queen was baffled as she couldn't understand why the Armstrongs neglected to mention the mansion to Harry. Not only that, but they ceased all involvement with the supernatural.

Harry suggested that his family probably still did but only in secret. He concluded that Armstrongs only know of it once they're of age. Had Harry's father stayed with the family a little longer, he would've learned everything and, in turn, shared the information with him. After some negotiation, Harry convinced Maud to help him. Her one condition was that her army couldn't intervene unless things got too out of control. Harry agreed, feeling more secure. But, as Harry and Vincent returned to Armstrong Mansion, something kept nagging in the back of Harry's mind.

Harry wanted to ask Derrick why things were tense between his father and aunt. He heard what the young prince said under his breath. Once he got home, Ellen asked Harry how things went. Harry told her what happened in Ranulsis, including the conflict between Lucille and Heath. Ellen told Harry the story behind the Raveneyes without leaving out any details. She explained that years ago, Kaine was king of Ranulsis. At the time, he was married to a woman named Tabitha.

Tabitha used to be a nice woman. However, she became entitled not long after marrying Kaine. The poor king didn't want to divorce Tabitha because he believed she'd change her ways. The hope grew stronger when Heath was born. But to Kaine's dismay, Tabitha still acted entitled. What made it worse was that her lousy influence was starting to rub off on their son. This went on for years until one day when Kaine decided to go for a walk in Violetfield.

He met Tara Davidson, a woman who'd just immigrated from Britain. At first, Tara was a friend who'd always be there to listen to Kaine's woes. But one thing led to another, and the two became lovers. The only person who knew of the affair was Kaine's sister, Maud. She decided to keep the affair secret as Tara was a kind woman and Maud wanted her older brother to be happy. The affair went on for years until Tara discovered that she was pregnant. By then, Heath was already an adult.

The pregnancy came as a surprise to the couple. Regardless, Kaine wanted to do anything he could for the baby. Throughout Tara's pregnancy, he tried to spend as much time with her as possible. Due to Kaine's frequent absences, Tabitha began to suspect something. Kaine and Maud tried to convince her that nothing was going on. But one day, Tabitha found out about the affair. She confronted her husband, demanding to know who he was cheating on her with.

When Kaine refused to tell Tabitha anything, the queen snapped and killed her husband. She repeatedly stabbed Kaine with a knife she kept for protection. Tabitha was arrested and Maud assumed the throne. The saddest part was that Lucille, Kaine and Tara's love child, was only a few days old when the tragedy occurred. Maud wanted to have Tara and Lucille live with her. But she feared what Heath would do to them. So, she tried to support them by other means.

Sadly, Tara died in a car accident when Lucille was twelve. Because she's a minor, Lucille had to live with Maud and Heath. The most terrifying part was that about a week prior, Tabitha escaped from jail. Some had speculated that Tabitha was somehow responsible for Tara's death. However, this theory was never confirmed due to a lack of evidence. By then, Heath was married and had a four-year-old son named Derrick. Derrick's mother, Grace, died during childbirth.

Derrick was a sweet boy who was friendly towards everyone. When Maud introduced him to Lucille, Derrick immediately gave his aunt a big hug. His father, however, wasn't so welcoming. In Heath's eyes, Lucille was a painful reminder of what happened with his parents. Whenever Heath disrespected Lucille, Maud always defended her niece. Maud threatened to make Lucille next in line to the throne a few times. But, of course, Maud didn't really mean it.

Lucille never wanted to be queen. She missed her civilian life with her mother. Maud couldn't bring Tara back, but she could let Lucille live her civilian life. For example, she allowed Lucille to continue her studies in Violetfield instead of homeschooling her with private tutors. Maud had even let Lucille go out to Violetfield with her friends. Sometimes, Derrick went with her to Violetfield. Heath didn't mind so long as he didn't have to be near Lucille.

Over time, Derrick became Lucille's best friend. The boy tried to stay out of the conflict between Lucille and Heath. Even after twelve years, the half-siblings still couldn't find common ground. People have speculated that part of it was because Heath suspected that Lucille would steal the throne from him. Harry was floored by the story and felt sorry for Lucille. He asked Ellen if Tabitha was ever found. Unfortunately, the evil woman was never found.