octopus plushie

We went to a Ramen place close to where saiki and I lived. Kaido, yumehara, and aren sat on one side. Me, saiki, and teruhashi sat on the other. Nendo and Mera sat on the ends. We all ordered our meals and I heard my phone go off, I looked at it from under the table and it was again aren. "Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" I had ended up giving the octopus to a little kid who was crying at the festival. He seemed stressed out and all he wanted was something to hug and honestly I didn't really want the prize either. I kinda wanted to impress aren by winning a dumb game.

I dont really know why I did it, so I ignored the text and our food came. Everyone started talking about how much fun it was and I smiled and ate as they spoke. I liked being around everyone and not feeling like I had to participate too much. It was calming. Then kaidos phone rang. It was getting late and he had to go home. He left and nendo offered to walk Mera home after teruhashi told him no. Yumehara and teruhashi walked home together and as saiki aren and I started to leave aren stopped me.

Aren:can I walk you home?
Saiki:he lives right next to me so I can just do it.
Aren:oh. Ok.

He headed home and saiki and I walked in silence until we were half a block away.

Saiki: sorry we disturbed you. It was arens idea.
Ren:its ok. I needed the distraction a little anyway.
Saiki:so you don't have a girlfriend then
Ren:you know I don't. Also why do you seem to care so much about the topic
Saiki:just making sure you're safe is all. Isn't that what I used to do as a kid too?
Ren:no. Also why would I want you to act the same way you did when we were kids? Kusuo I dont care how you act as long as its not fake.

Then I saw the flowers start to spring back up suddnely. I looked around in shock but as soon as they were there they were gone. Saiki coughed a little and left me at my gate. I waved goodnight and got inside to see my grandparents smiling at me.

Gma:we were gonna be furious but then we saw that sweet saiki boy.
Gpa:so you're into guys?
Gma:hey!
Ren:yeah. Sorry if thats upsetting.
Gpa:just wanted to know who I should tease ya about and who I should be watching out for.

My phone went off again. Aren was texting me.

Gma:is that another boy?
Ren:yeah...his names aren. He helped me calm down earlier today. I uh...I started to cry about moms.
Gpa:oh sweetie.
Gma:I think we should give him his special surprise now.

They handed me a new laptop. It was really sweet of them but I realized we aren't gonna go see moms Graves. I hugged them goodnight and passed out. Today was alot for me. I woke up at 4am fully rested to see another message from aren.

Aren:sorry just wanted to make sure you got home safe.
Ren:sorry I ended up passing out. Also don't worry about last night, it was just a teddy bear. Plus that kid seemed  alot happier to have it.
Aren:so no hard feelings?
Ren:course not. Youre my friend, why would I be upset about it?

He started to type then stopped. I got up to make breakfast for my family since I was feeling super awake now. I saw saikis pink hair out my window. I never realized his room was across mine. He was walking about with a white shirt and pajama bottoms. I opened my window and he looked up, and opened his too.

Saiki:why are you up?
Ren:why are you?
Saiki:...bad dream.
Ren:wanna talk about it?
Saiki:...it was you and aren? You guys were on the roof and he leaned into you and you fell off....

I stared at him confused and very concerned. I hopped out my window and jumped onto his roof into his room. He stared at me as if reading my mind, then I realized something. That voice i heard...its his voice. Those flowers that pop up they are from him. The flowers come up because he makes them. He sighed and sat down.

Saiki:so you figured it out. That took so long.
Ren:why didn't you tell me?
Saiki:I did when we were kids. But...my brother found out and got mad so I had to erase it.

I sat down getting ready to mock him.

Ren:oh no youre brother found out? And what's he gonna do? He's in England being posh.
Kusuke:oh is that so? Also why are you in my brothers room at 5am?
Ren:oh...youre in Japan. Well...thats cool. Kusuo run!

I grabbed his hand laughing and we jumped into my window. I could hear kusuke sighing annoyed but a small bit of laughter from him. I started to think back to when we were kids. I tried to block most of it out, but I remember playing really hard games with them and never winning. But I always won at hide and go seek. I locked my window and kusuo and I started making breakfast. He texted his family to come over for food and I told mine what happened. The plates were set and kusuke sat next to me forcing kusuo to sit infront of me.

Gma:aw its like old times. Who do you think Ren will choose?
Mr.saiki:I think kusuke. I mean why not, hes older and has his own way of making money already.
Mrs saiki:I dont know, they always did favor kusuo when they were kids.
Ren:or maybe since I'm older ill choose neither and have someone else in mind for a person I'd like to date. Plus aren't the two of you straight.

Almost simultaneously the two said, "I don't care about the sexual orientation I care about who the person is" everyone at the table stared at them. It was like twin aliens taking. We finished our food and saiki and I got ready for school. Kusuke brought his clothes and we got changed in my room and the bathroom. Kusuke knocked on my door as I finished.

Kusuke:hey, im glad you're back in our lives. You always brought something out in us.
Ren:thanks, but I have to get to school.

Saikis whole group was waiting outside his house. We both walked out of mine. I waved at his brother and his brother hugged me goodbye. It weirded me out but I accepted it, he was always a little more affectionate then kusuo so I'm not surprised but it was strange.

Nendo:who was that? And why are you guys leaving the same house?
Ren:thats saikis brother. We all had breakfast at my place.
Teruhashi:do you do that often?
Saiki:I think thats the second time? First time was at mine.

The group continued to talk and aren came next to me, suddenly I heard his thoughts again. He was thinking about what kaido told him last night over the phone. It was about the teddy bear and having to choose between him. I felt so guilty. I didn't know they were actually a thing I thought they were just close. Then more of his thoughts flooded in. "We aren't even together. He's been flirting nonstop with Yumehara. And when I tried to tell him how I felt he freaked out."

I started to feel less guilty at this point but I told saiki to stop putting his thoughts into my head. He looked past nendo and smiled at me, i almost never see his smile...its so cute. I started to blush then tried to shake it off before anyone noticed but it was too late. I know aren saw the exchange.

Aren:hey after school will you come with me somewhere?

Kaido turned around for a second listening into our conversation.

Ren:oh sure man. But I do have to get home right after, I have alotta chores I've been ignoring.

We got to class and everyone surrounded saikis desk talking about something. I left my book in my locker so I headed to grab it quickly only to be followed by teruhashi. She jumped beside me and started asking me about my life. Which I politely asked her to stop, she seemed confused and a little annoyed.

She continued asking about other stuff and I just didn't answer. She soon stopped and we got back to class, she sat in her seat and the entire class watched me sit in mine. Soon I got bombarded with questions. They asked why we were together and what happened. I explained nothing just that she wanted to ask me a question and thats it. Soon class started and everyone went back to their seats. Aren and i ended up passing notes the entire day. We mainly were just talking about him coming over tomorrow to help him study for the test too. He wasnt feeling confident about it and I was more than happy to help.

I do really like aren, hes sweet and super intimidating. Plus he knows when to relax and have fun. But I also don't think being with someone is a good choice. It might make me a little happy but I'm still transitioning and I'm scared to let anyone else know about it. Saiki only knows because he knew me as a kid. By the end of school he messaged me that he was at the roof, I felt eyes follow me as I went up the stairs but no one was there. I shook it off but just before going up I thought to myself "saiki if its you please don't hide. Its super creepy" but saiki didn't appear. I went up to see aren staring at the students leave and I watched from the door.