after school special

Aren was behind me at the door to the stairs. He was watching me not speaking a word. I could see him in the reflection of the metal I was sitting at but I didn't say a word. I waited to see what he was doing and if he was the weird stare I was feeling earlier.

Aren:I know you saw me.
Ren:yeah, whats up?
Aren:you coming to kaidos hide out?
Ren:nah I've got plans.
Aren:are they to stare from this rooftop.
Ren:no, I dont think I'd be able to get down if they were. I dont know when they lock up school.
Aren:fair point. So whats your important plans.
Ren:...I'm going to the library to study. I want to pass this week's test, im hoping my grandparents will take me to see my moms if I do. The drive is pretty far so I can't always just go...ya know?

He stood silently. I stayed in my spot not turning but occasionally looking in the reflection to see a reaction. He didn't seem to have one. I got up and started to head toward him after a few minutes of silence. I smiled and headed down the stairs and once I was at the bottom I heard him start to come down too. I left without another word and went to the library to study. I found a nice table in the back that had some windows near by but all you could see out if them were trees. I started doing some of the practice questions when my phone vibrated. It was aren.

Aren:hey which library?
Ren:why?
Aren:cause we are at the one near the Cafe but I don't see you.

I looked over to where the front desk was and I saw the whole group. Nendo was fighting with the front desk lady to let him keep his Ramen, saiki was waiting staring at me, kaido was looking at the wrong direction with aren. I waved at saiki and he pointed at me and the group headed over.

Nendo:she took my food.
Ren:yeah there's no food allowed.
Nendo:thats a horrible rule!
Aren:its so you don't make a mess.
Saiki:so do you need help?
Ren:no im pretty confident ill pass after doing these questions.

They decided to quiz me. I answered everyone's questions right.

Saki: ok when did Japan open to the west?
Ren:in the 1850s
Kaido:who is the leader of dark reunion?
Ren:thats not real. Or a question on the test.
Kaido:fine, when did Japan develope colored printing?
Ren:1765
Aren:when did we start making robots? And bonus for the name of one of them
Ren:1600s and one was a karakui
Nendo:last question, whos your girlfriend
Ren:....are you dumb?
Saiki:we all know that answer.
Kaido:all of those were right, so does that mean we can go to the forest?

I watched as aren stared at me, as if asking if I'd come without saying it. I rolled my eyes jokingly and packed my stuff back. We all headed out, kaido and aren in front, saiki me and nendo behind them. I texted my grandparents telling them what was happening and they sent a thumbs up and a heart.

Saiki:so why were you so worried about that test?
Ren:I just wanted to make sure I was prepared. Not all of us are ok with testing average, saiki.

We were almost at the forest when I heard 3 girls scream. I turned and it was teruhashi, yumehara, and Mera. They weren't screaming in terror but more at Mera for eating free samples again. Kaido and nendo stopped to talk to them. I saw teruhashis eyes hit saiki like he was the last candy in a candy shop. I looked over and he was avoiding any contact he could. Aren was looking at kaido waiting for him to tell us directions.

Mera:oh hey guys! What are you guys doing out here?
Yumehara:oh are you guys headed to the festival too?
Aren:oh no we
Kaido:yeah! Did you guys wanna walk with us?
Nendo:oh yeah for sure we can make sure no creepy guys talk to you!
Saiki:too late.
Aren:wait I thought we were headed to
Kaido:change of plans. Come on dont you wanna be seen around teruhashi?

I understood why they were acting like this, I mean she beautiful I just really don't find her as attractive. I looked around and decided to start walking forward hoping to find the festival. I texted my grandparents again telling them the change in plans and again a thumbs up and a heart was my reply. I heard the group start catching up to me, teruhashi talked at saiki, kaido and yumehara talked, Mera and aren talked and nendo chimed in on every conversation he could. Then I saw it. It was a huge festival, there were a bunch of booths and a ferris wheel. Everyone started to find what they wanted to play and do. I waited for everyone to drift off and I headed back home. Then my phone went off. It was aren.

Aren:hey whered you go?
Ren:looking for food.

I didn't want to upset him, he's really sweet and kinda scary. So I found a booth that had octopus and bought 2 small plates. Each had 6 so I found the group waiting for me. I handed one plate to aren to share and one plate to Mera to eat alone. She started to cry.

Teruhashi:oh thank you. Oh wow this is good!
Aren:it really is
Kaido:thank you for getting it. Ren.
Nendo:whered you get it ill buy some more. I'm starving!
Yumehara:wow I didn't realize how hungry I am.

Saiki also ate some but he just put a thumbs up in response. Mera ate all of it at once and cried more after she was done. We walked around and the guys started to find games to play. Yumehara dragged kaido to win her a bear, teruhashi dragged saiki but he lost all the games. Nendo and Mera went to get more food and aren and I were left.

Aren:come on

He took me to a shoot the ducks game. He missed everyone and got frustrated, I started to laugh a little trying not to show it.

Aren:if its so funny you try!
Ren:fine.

I shot every duck and won a big fluffy octopus stuffy. It was purple and I hugged him tight and handed him to aren.

Kaido:oh wow did you win that Ren?
Yumehara:kaido won himself a hat.
Teruhashi:saiki lost every game.
Mera:nendo and I got a bunch of food.
Aren:what am I supposed to do with this?

He laughed a little and was blushing

Ren:if you don't want it ill take it back.

We stood in silence. Everyone waiting for him to either accept the octopus or give it back. It felt more important than it actually was though. I mean it was just a bear after all...i only won it to prove he's bad at games and I didn't even try to do that. Kaido started to look at him alittle confused and hurt. He looked down and handed me the octopus. Nendo, thank God, broke the silence.

Nendo:well now that you decided you don't like teddy bears you guys wanna get some Ramen?