first day of school

The school agreed that I can wear the male uniform, they were only afraid that I'd get bullied or hurt if I was out and that teachers would talk about it but the principal and I came to an agreement that I wouldn't talk about it and the teachers wouldn't be allowed to know. On all my paperwork it was changed to male. I got dressed that morning and my gparents stopped me at the stairs.

Gma:sweetie...have you picked a name yet?
Me:oh...no. sorry.
Gpa:we...we wanted to know if you'd accept the name we had for you.
Me:you...you chose a name for me?
Gma:we chose Ren.
Me:Ren? Ren... Ren gheata?

*the last name is romaninan for ice its pronounce gee ya ts ah*

Gpa:if you don't like it thats ok.
Ren:no i love it. Its perfect. Will you guys tell the school or do I?
Gma:you can if you want to.

I walked to school so happy with my new name. I didn't think I'd ever find one I liked. They all seemed like I was trying too hard but ren...it felt perfect. I got there and went to the principal who was waiting for me, I told him what we are going to use as my new name as my old one was much too feminine to put in paper. He smiled and went straight to his computer to send a mass email to all the staff who would have me in their class. I headed to my first period. The teacher stopped me from entering and spoke to me about what we'd be learning and all that.

Teacher:so do you want to introduce yourself?
Ren:sure.

Class started and I walked in. The teacher introduced me as Ren gheata.

Ren:hi. I was actually born in a different part if Japan but moved to romania with my moms when I was 5. This past summer I came back to visit my grandparents with my moms but sadly they passed away in a horrible accident so now I live with my grandparents here.

The class said their hellos and sorry for the circumstances of my coming here and I sat by the window next to a pink haird boy that looked very familiar. Then I heard the voice again. The voice from when I was a kid.

"You don't recognize me. I dont even know you please don't talk to me"

I shook my head and pretended it didn't happen. And class continued. The voice didn't repeat itself and I felt calm. We went on study break and I found myself surrounded by the girls in my class all but 1. The girls asked me lots of questions and I smiled politely and answered as many as I could. Until one came up that I didnt expect.

Girl:do you have a girlfriend?

I haven't thought about that. Ive never thought about girls like that to be honest. They are very pretty but I just never had a crush on any person before. I was lucky they all practically vanished when a boy with a butt chin...actually more of a balls chin approached.

Nendo:yeah! I mean you're pretty handsome a little feminine but still attractive so who's your girlfriend
Kaido:dude leave the poor guy alone!
Aren:seriously not everyone wants to date right now.

As the 3 continued to fight at my desk about if it was a rude question I slipped away to the bathroom. And in that moment I realized I'm not used to going to the men's restroom. I had to force my legs to go that way and when I got in I saw the richest kid in school...maybe ever. Saiko. He looked me up and down confused.

Saiko:don't I know you?
Ren:nope.
Saiko:youre right i wouldn't know any random peasant ha how ridiculous of me

And he walked out with his body guards. I went to the farthest stall and took a breathe. This was alot more than I expected. I kinda thought I'd be invisible for the most part. Out of habit I started a text chain with my moms and remebered....I closed the app and locked my phone trying not to cry in the stall. I heard foot steps come in and as soon as the door shut I flushed and went to wash my hands.

Nendo:I didn't mean to make him run away! And its not weird to call another guy attractive!
Kaido:its kinda weird. Then again you calling anyone attractive would make them run in fear.
Nendo:kaido why are you using a stall? What are you a girl?
Kaido:no I just prefer privacy.

I ran out hoping nendo wouldn't see me. He made me nervous in a bad way. I headed back to the classroom and accidently bumped into another girl. Teruhashi. I remeber when I went to the school site there was an entire page dedicated to just her. It was the first page you opened on. On the top it said "home to the amazing and beautiful teruhashi kokomi." It listed all the things about her like a fan page. It was kinda creepy. I got up and apologized and held my hand out to help her.

Teruhashi:oh thank you. Youre gheata right?
Ren:...yeah, you um...you pronounced strangely but yes.

*her inner monolog*

Impossible I checked 4 times romanian pronunciation on that word. I even made sure to say it outloud in the bathroom before saying it to you. Ugh!

**

Teruhashi:oh really? I'm so sorry! How do you pronounce it?
Ren:ge ya ts ah
Teruhashi:ge ya ts ah
Ren:now fast. Gheata
Teruhashi:gheata
Ren:perfect. Wow you didn't need any practice thats really awesome. Anyway, sorry again for bumping into you.

I bowed and walked away. She tried saying something before I left but honestly I kinda just wanted to have today be over. School ended and I headed back home. I heard nendo talking to the pink hair kid as they walked the same way I did.

Nendo:let's get Ramen
Saiki:no. I'm going home.
Kaido:oh you know Ramen actually sounds really good.
Saiki:then you go with him im going home.

I got a text from my grandpa saying he had a surprise for me when I got back so I ran home, partly from excitement and mostly to get away from the very loud group.