Chapter 2: S. Snowden

Start from the beginning

"Lemme just..." you said, taking a deep exhale.

"Okay." you said, finally ready to ask out someone for the first time in your twenty-seven years on this planet.

You and Hailey step out of line, which was fine since you came from all the way in the back. You hoped to god that it was a long walk, which is sort of was.

You took more breaths to calm down, and as the cold air entered your lungs, the warm air from your exhales felt like stress leaving your body in the form of little clouds.

By now, you has gained a fair amount of confidence, but didn't want to show it as to not look exceedingly cocky.

You kept your hands out of your pockets. As much as you wanted to put them in there, you really had no idea if the security guard you were walking up to would assume you had something in your pockets.

Not gonna lie, that may be overthinking. But then again, you didn't know if this dude could be on constant lookout or not, so you felt it was a necessary precaution.

Hailey sped up a little bit to try and get the large canine's attention. You stood back and watched as she said something to him that you couldn't hear. He even had to bend down to her level so she could whisper something to him.

It was then you looked closer and saw a little sleek metal tag on the left side of his black suit vest. It said:

S. Snowden
Stratus Security

Well, now you at least knew what his name was. So you can finally stop referring to him as simply "the bouncer."

After a little bit of time, Hailey pulled away from Snowden's ear, and returned to your side.

"Okay, so I didn't tell him exactly what you're asking for, but I did say you wanted to talk to him." she said.

"Okay...I got this, right?" you say.

"Don't ask me, go up there and see for yourself! I'll be right here, I already got Venmo open." Hailey said, waving her phone.

Your chest felt weird. Like it was shivering, but it was just the inside of your chest. Your head was throbbing as well. Not in pain, just throbbing.

You made your way towards the large canine, who had to be near 7 feet tall, which just made you even more intimidated.

At this point, you're finally in proximity to Snowden, his large, white-furred figure engulfed in purple neon light from the club sign above him. One thing you noted were the shades he wore. They looked rather pointed and futuristic, and they were practically pitch black, even under the light.

You wondered where he was looking. He could be looking at the sky, at the ground, directly into your eyes, heck he could be asleep.

Before you could speak, he said something first.

"You must be the one that Ms. Nguyen was talking about. How can I help you?" Snowden said, his deep, booming voice making your brain vibrate.

"Yeah, I-wait, you know Hailey?" you ask.

"She's a regular, I'm quite familiar with her." he said.