thirty-eight

season 15, episode 8 - blowin' the wind

A HUGE STORM HAS STRUCK SEATTLE WHICH MEANT more trauma patients for the doctors

A HUGE STORM HAS STRUCK SEATTLE WHICH MEANT more trauma patients for the doctors. Jackson was cautious for Allison to go to work since she is pregnant, her bump clearly visible and he didn't want her to get hurt. He should've known his wife's stubbornness so there they were making their way inside the hospital, Jackson carrying his wife's bag and his own on his shoulders. The minute they changed into their scrubs and walked inside the emergency room, they saw a whole lot of trauma patients. Allison said her goodbyes to her husband before she made her way to the trauma room she was being paged for.

The neurosurgeon wore a yellow trauma gown as she slipped on some blue gloves before taking hold of her flashlight, her patient had a selfie stick through her head which was a surprise she was even conscious let alone talking.

"I can see it out of the corner of my eye." The patient spoke up as she lightly moved her head, "But I can't feel it."

"You can't feel it because your brain doesn't have any pain receptors." Allison lightly explained, "I know you're scared but I need you to stop moving around so much, okay?'

"I have a selfie stick in my head." She stated, shaking, "It's not even mine. It's some idiot teenager's."

Helm seemed to be confused on how their patient was talking so she looked at the attending, "How is she talking this much?"

"Adrenaline, maybe? I'm not quite sure."

The doors burst open as Bailey walked inside, she looked at the patient before looking at Allison, "How are we doing? I told CT you'd be on your way any minute."

Their patient looked at Dr. Bailey while Allison used her penlight to look at her pupils to indicate anything. The patient looked at Allison, "When are you taking it out? You can take it out, right? Please take it out."

Allison looked at her, "Phoebe, I am gonna do everything I can to remove it, but when I do, there is a strong possibility that your brain will bleed or swell." Allison took a deep breath, "I just want to prepare you in case you want to call anyone before surgery."

The procedure was risky, Allison knew that the moment she saw the selfie stick through Phoebe's head. The brunette carefully waited for her answer, Phoebe cried, "My mom. Can I call my mom? The paramedics said they had my phone."

"We'll find it." Bailey assured her, nodding her head.

***

They were quick to take Phoebe up to the O.R. in order to take out the selfie stick. Bailey went ahead to look for Phoebe's phone and when they found it, their patient was quick to call her mom. Allison was all scrubbed in, wearing her scrub cap and had her surgical gown while Phoebe said her goodbye's to her mom.

Phoebe gave instructions to her mom about her dog, she didn't know if she were to survive the surgery. After Phoebe finished saying her goodbyes to her mom, Allison made brief eye contact with Helm before she looked at Phoebe.