fifteen

season 13, episode 9 - you haven't done nothin'

THE AVERY'S MANAGED TO GET THE HOUSE THEY WANTED, and now they have moved in all the furniture with the help of some workers

THE AVERY'S MANAGED TO GET THE HOUSE THEY WANTED, and now they have moved in all the furniture with the help of some workers. Now, they just needed to unpack some more boxes to officially make it theirs. Allison Avery was getting closer to her due date and Jackson was keeping a close eye on her, he wasn't letting her do long surgeries instead he made sure Amelia could do them. It drove Allison nuts but she knew her husband was just taking care of her. Meredith and Alex stopped by one day to help Allison with organizing the house the way the pregnant neurosurgeon wanted it.

April also stopped by with baby Harriet, to observe the house to which she loved. Once Allison was by herself she walked inside the room where the nursery was going to be, she imagined how the nursery was going to be decorated, especially now that they know the gender.

FOUR WEEKS AGO

The Avery's at first didn't want to know the gender but they got curious and began to place bets, their curiosity got the best of them which is why in the next doctor's appointment they decided to know. Jackson and Allison were inside the patient room, the plastics surgeon looked at Dr. Martinez, "We changed our minds, we want to know the gender."

Dr. Martinez looked at Allison, who nodded her head in confirmation. She was eager to know the gender of her child, she wanted to start brainstorming names and decorate the nursery.

"Of course." Dr. Martinez smiled at the couple, "I'm assuming you two have been taking bets."

"We have." Allison chuckled, informing her O.B. "Jackson is saying it's a girl and I say it's a boy."

Dr. Martinez chuckled before focusing on the monitor, she took a few stills, "You're on track, you're due in about five weeks so take it easy out there. Baby looks healthy, the right size, the heartbeat is steady and it's—" The O.B. doctor moved the wand as the two soon to be parents kept their eyes on the screen, Allison squeezing Jackson's hand. "It's a girl."

Allison's eyes widened a bit as Jackson let go of his wife's hand to cup her cheeks and brought her into a kiss. The joy he felt to know he was having a daughter, a daddy's girl. Allison chuckled seeing the clear look of happiness on her husband's face and she could say the same, they're having a girl.

***

THREE WEEKS AGO

The nursery was almost ready for their little girl, April helped them paint the nursery a beautiful white peach color. The house already had their stuff inside all loaded and unpacked, pictures of Allison and Jackson in their university/medical school days were hung up on the living room. Inside the master bedroom, Jackson has a picture of him and Allison placed right beside his bedside.

Allison placed more pictures inside the living room, one of her and Derek, the other one with her, Alex and Meredith, the home finally looked homey.