fourteen

season 13, episode 7 - why try to change me now

ALLISON'S PHONE RINGED AS A NOTIFICATION POPPED up, the brunette neurosurgeon opened her email app and read the recent email that Chief Bailey had sent out

ALLISON'S PHONE RINGED AS A NOTIFICATION POPPED up, the brunette neurosurgeon opened her email app and read the recent email that Chief Bailey had sent out. Allison skimmed through the email reading about the new consultant that is here to observe for two days. The neurosurgeon ran into Meredith, who was reading the same email, she held up her phone and the two walked down the hallway, running into Alex.

"An education consultant is making a visit to observe and assess our program?" Meredith read out loud as they reached the nurses' station, "Who is Dr. Eliza Minnick?"

"Wouldn't know. I didn't get the email." Alex huffed, rolling his eyes. Since he worked at the clinic and isn't a surgeon at the moment, he doesn't get the updates of the surgery department at the hospital.

"Education consultant, double board certified sports-medicine specialist." Allison read out loud, after catching up with her friends she had searched up Eliza Minnick on google. "Published fifty two papers in the Journal of Surgical Education."

"Fifty two?" Alex questioned, glancing at his three friends, "This is because of me, isn't it? They're gonna overhaul the program because I beat up DeLuca."

"Everything isn't about you." Meredith turned her head to look at him with furrowed eyebrows. "That doesn't even make sense."

"A teacher beat up a student."

"That does make sense." Allison lightly winced, looking at her friend. She shook her head, "I mean, I messaged Catherine trying to get information out of her but she called me a 'nosey rosie' and changed the subject asking when I'm due."

***

Allison waddled inside one of the clinic's rooms, behind Maggie and in front of Jackson. The cardio thoracic surgeon paged her and some of their friends to the clinic to talk about a list with all of the attending names on it that she found in the room where Minnick met up with the residents. Arizona let out a sigh as she walked in, while Maggie closed the blinds, and Jackson closed the door behind him.

"Why are we in the clinic?" Arizona asked, raising a brow.

"The hospital has eyes." Maggie replied, making her way towards the middle of the room.

"Whatever it is, just make it quick. No residents this morning really screwed up my schedule." Jackson sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Look, I found this. It's Minnick's notebook." Maggie held up the small notepad up for them to see, "Well, it's not so much her notebook as it is a notebook that she wrote in and left behind."

"Stealer."

The door swung open causing them to turn their heads to the direction of the door, finding Alex in his turquoise scrubs. "You guys can't be in here. I get in trouble when you guys are in here."

"Shut the door." Maggie ordered him.

Alex shook his head, "No, get out!"

"Alright." Jackson and Allison said at the same time as they tried to leave to go back to their patients but Maggie stopped them.

"No, no, just hold on. Look, it's a list." Maggie flipped through the pages until she found the page she was looking for, "The attendings' names—ranked. The residents sold us out."

"What? Where am I on it?" Arizona asked, grabbing the notebook from Maggie's hand and began to skim through it, looking for her name.

"I don't know, but I'm at the bottom of the list." Maggie sighed, not liking her name at the bottom, "I have never been at the bottom of any teacher's list. I am a top-of-the-list person."

Arizona handed the notebook to Jackson as he skimmed through it while Allison peaked at the list behind his shoulder. He smiled proudly, "Turns out, so am I. Look at that."

Allison saw her name after Jackson's and she looked at her husband, "Babe, just because you're at the top of the list, doesn't mean it's a good thing. For all we know, it could be a bad thing, ranked worst to best."

"I'm not even on there." Arizona said.

Alex took hold of the notebook and didn't find his name either, "So what? Neither am I?"

"Well, of course you're not." Arizona blurted out causing Allison to look at her with wide eyes. Alex gave her a confused look to which the blonde began to explain herself, "Because you're not—because you work in the clinic now, and you're not..."

The door swung open, interrupting whatever Arizona was saying and Amelia walked in looking at the cardio surgeon. "Maggie you paged?"

"Yeah, Minnick ranked the attendings' in order." Maggie briefly explained to Amelia, "A list."

"Guess where I am." Jackson smiled proudly.

Allison rolled her eyes at her husband's cockiness, "Again, it can be ranked worst to best or best to worst. We don't know."

"That's it?" Amelia looked at the surgeons, "I have a patient with a possible spinal fracture. You paged me '911' to look at a list."

"At least you're on it."

Amelia grabbed the list from Alex and skimmed through it. Once she found her name, she let out a sigh, "Who the heck is Emilio Shepherd?"

***

Jackson sat on the living room couch with a plate filled with nachos, watching the game as Allison stepped inside the apartment. The brunette dropped her bag onto the table and took off her coat and placed it on the hanger near the door. She made her way to the couch and plopped herself beside her husband.

"Your child won't stop moving." Allison huffed, grabbing some nachos from the plate, "Also, the realtor agent called and we can go check out the place next week."

Jackson nodded his head, kissing her forehead, "The sooner the better."

"Any guesses before our appointment tomorrow?" Allison asked her husband, placing her hand onto her baby bump. She would never get tired of the moments like this.

"A girl." Jackson told her, focusing on her stomach, "One little princess, one daddy's girl."

"And if it's a boy, I have a perfect name for him." She told him. Jackson already guessed who she would name the baby after, if it was a boy. Jackson placed the nachos onto the table that was in front of the couch before pulling Allison closer so she could lay on his chest.

"I know." Jackson nodded, kissing the top of her head, the two of them laying comfortably together.

salvattree speaks...
hey, hey besties :)) so next chapter we will find out the gender, get moved in to their "dream house" and the birth of baby avery :)).

also, i'm going to update on wednesday again and i won't be able to update the upcoming week because i have to study for finals :(

DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT SEASON 17 SPOILERS... (YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

SEASON 17 SPOILERS!!
so, if you didn't know (which was said in the promo for episode 15, i believe) jesse williams who plays jackson avery is leaving grey's :(, which is why i decided to end this book in season seventeen. i was going to conclude this book around season 15 or 16, i wasn't going to write season 17 due to the covid storyline and i could rarely fit in allison in it because it's based on the beach and meredith's health condition but ideas came to mind. so with that being said allison and jackson's story will conclude in season 17. so don't worry we have a few seasons to see jallison evolve.