twenty

season 14, episode 1 - break down the house

BECAUSE OF THE FIRE, THE HOSPITAL was under works

BECAUSE OF THE FIRE, THE HOSPITAL was under works. Allison had only slept about three hours inside an on-call room while Jackson went home to their daughter and made sure their nanny, Sawyer, went home. After staying with Stephanie and making sure her transportation to a Texas hospital burning center was safe, the brunette neurosurgeon went to take a nap. Now, she was being paged to the E.R. by Andrew DeLuca.

Allison made her way to the full E.R., walking towards Andrew who was examining a patient. The Avery doctor spoke up, "DeLuca, what do you got?"

"Beau Martinez, fourteen years old. Presents with intense jaw pain and recurrent left-sided headaches." Andrew read off a chart, before looking down at the tablet in his hand.

"Beau, can you follow my finger?" Allison lifted up her finger in front of Beau's eyes, as he followed it. She then looked up at Beau's father, "When did the pain start?"

"A few months ago." He answered, handing her a yellow folder, "They took these X-rays last month. They saw nothing. They gave him pain pills that don't work, and now they won't give him any more 'cause they treat him like he's a drug addict or something." He turned to look at his son as Allison opened the folder and reviewed the scans, "He can't even play baseball anymore."

"He says it's a stabbing pain in the jaw and mastoid area. Thought we should get a head, cervical maxillofacial CT." Andrew opinionated his treatment to Allison, who nodded her head in agreement.

"Beau, I've got you. I know this pain is real and I am not gonna rest until we find out what it is and how to fix it." Allison promised, her eyes flickering up to Mr. Martinez, "You have my word. You both do."

***

Amelia managed to convince Allison to join her on Beau's case, so the two neurosurgeons went in search of the plastic surgeon who was currently inside Megan Hunt's room. Owen's sister had returned so it was no surprise to have Owen and Nathan on leave for now.

Allison was curious to know what Meredith's situation with Nathan will turn out now that Megan was back in the picture. The Avery neurosurgeon also questioned why Amelia wanted on the case when Owen was going through this but nevertheless she didn't question her.

Allison knocked on the door first before opening it, her eyes stayed on her husband who was treating a redhead laying on the gurney, beside her was Owen, in front of her was Teddy Altman and towards the window was Nathan's back facing Megan.

"Avery. You almost done here?" Allison asked her husband, "Amelia and I are doing a tumor board presentation and it is kind of pointless without you there."

Owen glanced at the woman beside Allison, holding up his hand to gesture towards Teddy, "Amelia, this is Teddy. She came all the way from—"

"From Germany, right. Um, we spoke on the phone." Amelia nodded, taking a step forward to shake Teddy's hand. "Good to meet you. Um..I'm sorry, I'm distracted. We have a kid with an osteoblastoma, so..."