one

season 12, episode 2 - walking tall

IN THE SPAN OF THREE MONTHS, JACKSON AND ALLISON AVERY HAVE been living separately

IN THE SPAN OF THREE MONTHS, JACKSON AND ALLISON AVERY HAVE been living separately. Allison spent her nights on the on-call rooms granting Jackson his space, while Jackson believed she stayed with her good friend Meredith Grey. Alex Karev and Jo Wilson moved inside their own apartment giving Meredith her house back. Amelia Shepherd and Maggie Pierce have moved in with Meredith and her kids. April Kepner went back overseas despite Matthew's wishes. Meredith has been teaching an anatomy class to the interns in one of the newest anatomy classrooms, and Allison decided to take the shift for today.

Allison stood in front of the room, as she cut the deceased patient's head, "The body has approximately eleven organ systems, all doing different things at the same time. In order to keep us functioning, or, well, alive, they need one voice—a leader, a master and in our brains, that job belongs to the pituitary gland." Once she cut the head and the class could see the brain she looked at them, "The pituitary gland communicates with all of the other glands, telling them when to produce the vital hormones we need to function."

***

Miranda Bailey is the new Chief of Surgery making her the first female in the hospital to do so, which is why the attending's have gathered inside one of the conference rooms to surprise her. Callie, Allison Amelia and Maggie are talking about Callie's last dates and how she's going on another one tonight.

Arizona cleared her throat once she reached the small group, "So, I looked it up, and Bailey's the first."

Amelia looked at her, "First what?"

"First female Chief of Surgery of this hospital, before that, all men." Arizona shrugged off, causing the ladies to smile.

Jackson nodded as the attention went to him, "I say it's about time."

"All the department chiefs are women, Neuro... Cardio...Ortho...Fetal." Amelia nodded pointing to everyone in the circle.

Jackson interrupted her, "We got trauma."

Allison grinned looking at Maggie, Amelia, Callie and Arizona, "This place is run by ladies."

"It's...ladyplace." Callie nodded.

"No. It is not ladyplace." Maggie denied, causing everyone to look at her, "Ladyplace is what my grandma calls her vagina." Everyone scrunch their nose in disgust, "To anyone who will listen, by the way—she is not shy. No, we can't call this place ladyplace. I don't need to think of that sweet, sweet, raunchy, old lady's vag every time I walk through the doors."

"Me neither, but I will now." Alex shook his head causing Allison to chuckle.

Webber, who was on the lookout for Bailey and Meredith, turned around quickly warning the rest, "She's coming, she's coming. Hurry, hurry!"