Chapter 10

Ida's POV-

"I did not expect you to actually be out here" I walked over to where Clint was sitting on the edge of the water.

"You said meet you out here every night at this time" he did not look up at me.

"But you said you would not" I sunk down next to him.

"I know"

"Did you bring your bow and arrows?" I wondered, noting that his bag was not beside him.

"I didn't really feel like practicing tonight" he tilted his head back and shut his eyes, soaking in the chilly wind that was filtering through the clouded sky. "Maybe tomorrow"

"Is that a promise?"

"I don't make promises" he hummed.

"But tomorrow works?" I clarified.

"Sure"

"So then why did you come out here if you did not want to practice?"

He finally looked down at me. "I needed fresh air"

"Are you sure that is the reason?"

"What other reason would there be?" he tilted his head.

"I do not know" I shrugged.

"Hm" his eyes shifted back out to the water. "How did the shopping trip with Natasha go?"

"It was nice to be able to spend time with her" I smiled.

"Oh yeah?"

I nodded.

"What did you guys get?"

"We got clothes and some presents for everyone" I replied.

"What kind of presents?"

"I think they are supposed to be a surprise" I said. "Why?"

"I was just curious because Natasha brought me something to give to you" he glanced at me. "But she acted super sus about it, so I wasn't sure if you had any ideas why?"

"Honestly, she grabbed so much stuff, I would not know" I admitted.

"I'm kind of scared to give it to you, not gonna lie"

"Why?" I wondered.

"Because she made it sound like it would be...I don't know"

"You didn't just open it and rewrap it?" I asked.

"I am not the best at wrapping presents, and truly it looked like she spent a lot of time trying to make it look pretty" he paused. "It might would upset her a little if I messed that up"

"Oh..."

"You can open it whenever, though, I might just give it to you to take to your room to figure out"

"It can not be that bad" I laughed a little.

"I guess you're right"

I let my head fall to the sand, propping it in my hands and bringing my knees up. "Natasha told me something today?"

He stiffened up. "Yeah?"

"Yeah...she told me that you said you like me, but I did not believe her"

"I didn't say that" he rolled his eyes.

"Then why did she say you did?"

He also laid back, his face inches from mine. "She told me you said the same thing"

"She told me you said that, then asked me what I thought of you"

He twisted his head, his eyes meeting mine. "I'm sorry about her"