Chapter 4

Ida's POV-

When I woke up the next day, Loki was still fast asleep. I did not really want to wake him up, plus I knew he would rather waste part of the day sleeping than socializing with all of the house guests here.

So I got up, went down the hall to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face; then went down the spiral staircase.

Steve was already up, standing at the bar in his boxers.

"Is it not a bit early to drank?" I yawned, walking over to him.

"Depends on what you are drinking" he smiled. "Do you want some coffee, too?"

"I would love some" I slid into the bar stool and rubbed my hands over my eyes. "I am so tired, oh my gosh"

"Are you used to sleeping in?" he asked, picking up the coffee pot and pouring some into a mug that said Stark Industries.

"No, I am usually up around dawn. But the time works a little different here, I guess"

"Makes sense" he brought me the cup and set it down on the counter. "Do you want any cream or sugar for it?"

"Black is fine" I took a cautious sip, the hot liquid instantly sending my tongue into a spasm of tingles. "Is Natasha or my father up?"

"Nat, I believe, is working online in her room, and your dad is down in his lab"

"I might go pay him another visit" I slid out of the stool.

"Your funeral" he joked.

I rolled my eyes and went towards the other door before making my way down another set up steps. 

When I got to the bottom and arrived at the glass windows and door, I saw that he was busily hooking some wires together. Softly, I tapped in the glass.

Jumping, his eyes flashed over, then I saw his shoulders slump into a sigh. He walked over to the door and pushed it open for me.

"Why are you up so early?" he asked me.

"I would have slept longer if I could" I brushed passed him.

"I didn't say you could come in?" I could feel him watch me as I went to one of the emptyish tables and hopped up on it. "And I most certainly didn't say you could sit on my work station"

"What are you going to do about it?" I challenged.

"I will drag you out" he frowned, but let the door close, anyways.

Triumphant, I smiled.

"So I was thinking maybe we could go look for a Christmas tree today" he walked back over to where he had been before I had come in, picking up the wire again. "Not that you know what that is, or anything"

"I am fine with whatever you want to do" I replied. "But what is it?"

"It's traditional to pick out a tree to put in your house and decorate it with lights and ornaments" he explained.

"It sounds fun!" I exclaimed.

He nodded. "Although, I do have a lot to get done before tomorrow so we will probably have to wait on the decorating aspect of it"

"Where do you find the trees?"

He twisted the wires together. "We usually just go to like a tree lot, or something."

"Nice"

He glanced at me, then walked over to another table. I watched as he picked up a red, metal piece of something and began to attach the wires.