𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭.

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. — No... I taught myself. —I looked down. —He actually doesn't like that- —I stopped, reconsidering if I should share this kind of stuff with him.

—He doesn't like that you have them? That you protect yourself? —I turned around, impressed that he understood me, that he was giving me the reason.

—He says it's selfish and that I should be open to him. That he can't trust me unless-

—Unless he controls you. —He stood up and walked towards me. I flinched and took a step back. He put his hands up, signaling his lack of mischievous intentions and back off one step.

—Yes, exactly.

—So I assume that's what happens when you disobey. —And pointed once again to my arm. I nodded, embarrassed and looked away. —Let me tell you something, Y/n, I have watched my fair share of old fucks that think they know everything. Who think they can use very special people to their advantage and tear them apart when they want to. Normally it comes from a place of fear. He fears you; your power, what you can do to him. —I almost laughed at the comment. Me? Hurt him? Never in a million years. Qui-Gon stared quietly, observing me with care.—You doubt yourself. Makes me believe you don't know your full potential. How much does he train you?

I hesitated for a second and I didn't know how to answer. Basically zero? Unless he needed something out of me.

—That's what I was afraid of. Well, I don't know you that well Y/n, but I have quite the history of finding talented people out of nowhere. And I see you. I can see your fire. I'm here if you ever want to do something about it. Sometimes it is up to us to take care of business ourselves. —Something that caught my attention was how even when his facial expressions were kind and gentle, the ruthlessness in his eyes never flinched.

—Thanks Master Jinn, I will consider it. —At that moment, the heavy wood doors opened revealing Palpatine.

—What are you still doing here? Go, go, move! Senator Amidala is waiting outside. For real Y/n, sometimes I refuse to believe you can be more useless, but then again, you prove me wrong. I should dump you, just like your parents. —He touched his head in disappointment and walked towards his desk. The words stung me and reached a really painful place inside my heart. The tears threatened to fall.—Excuse me Master Jinn, but you know how it can be.

—Yeah, sure I do, the ability to speak does not make one intelligent. —Qui-Gon commented, tearing me apart. Wasn't he friendly just moments ago? —Even when the person gives tiring speeches in front of even bigger morons. —He finalized, giving me an reassuring look. A stiffened chuckle leaving my lips and my mouth turned into an "O". Palpatine stayed in shock, looking for a reaction. —I mean, the senators. Just like Amidala. Who is waiting for you, Y/N, you must hurry. —Palpatine softened his reaction and I nodded, rushing to the door. Before leaving I heard his voice in my head.

"Please, Y/n, don't stay. You deserve better. I can actually help you."

I sighed before leaving the room. Outside was who I assume was senator Amidala and another man, tall and strong. They were talking really low, their faces close and sharing laughs.

—Senator Amidala?

Now I know that it was Anakin.

—Yeah, for sure, master. I'm so sorry for the pain I have caused you. —I bowed, expecting he would understand my regret.

—Don't say that, you haven't caused any pain. But I must say, ever since your arrival I've sensed disturbances on the Force. Is there anything you would like to discuss? —He inquired.