"Get away from me, you foul crows!" shrieked Zoisite as he tried to fend them off. "I'm not garbage, you know!"

But the crows didn't listen and continued attacking him. Then Rei came out of the shrine and saw that her Grandpa was in trouble.

"Grandpa!"

She immediately rushed to his aide, checking him to see if he was alright. Not wanting to be seen and having enough, Zoisite immediately disappeared retreated to the Dark Kingdom. Seeing that the intruder was gone, the two crows flew back to Rei, still looking over her Grandpa. He took deep breaths while clutching his chest, still in pain from almost having his crystal taken out.

"Are you alright, grandpa?" asked Rei worriedly. "Please, tell me what happened."

Then Rei heard a noise, the sound of someone yawning that came from outside the gates where the stairs were. Then a young man sat rub rubbing his eyes sleepily. He had shoulder-length brown hair that was a bit unkempt, blue eyes, stubble on his chin, and a light blue denim jacket with an openly white short-sleeved button shirt with a black short-sleeved turtleneck shirt, matching pale blue denim pants, and black shoes.

"Hey, what's all the racket about?" he sleepily mumbled as he turned around. "Can't you see I'm trying to get some sleep?"

Rei was a bit startled to see the young man. "Who are you?!" she demanded. "And what are you doing here?"

The young man looked at Rei. As soon as he saw her, his eyes went wide with surprise as they turned into hearts and his cheeks flushed bright red. He immediately ran up to Rei, and her Grandpa bowed low to the ground in respect.

"Hi! My name is Yuichiro Kumada!" the young man said. "And I beg of you of one request! Please make me your apprentice!"

Rei and her Grandpa could only stare at the young man in surprise, both feeling very confused.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The next day, Rei met up with her friends and then explained what had happened the other night as they walked to the shrine.

"So your grandfather was attacked the other night?" spoke Ami worriedly. "Is he OK?"

"He seems to be fine," said Rei. "But... I can't help but feel a little worried."

"Why do you say that?" wondered Makoto. "You said he was fine."

"Yeah, but... for some reason, he's been acting strange," said Rei.

"Strange how?" asked Harusuke. "He didn't suffer from a brain injury, did he?"

"If he did, then you should take him to the hospital," suggested Usagi.

"Believe me, I've tried," sighed Rei. "But being the stubborn old man that he is, Grandpa refuses too. Which why I wanted all of you to come with me so we could check on him."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Back at the shrine, Rei's Grandpa was swinging about on the treetops, yelling like Tarzan while wearing a strange green cape. He expertly swang from rope to while doing flips without messing up. Then, the old man swung on one more, launching himself into the air while rolling into a ball, performing numerous flips, and safely landed on the ground laughing with pride.

"OK, Yuichiro! Your turn!" he called out.

Yuichiro, high above the treetops now wearing a hakama like the old man and a blue cape, looked down to the ground trembling with fright.