At that moment, the two found themselves at Juuban Park as the rain had finally stopped, much to Makoto's disappointment.

"Why couldn't it have kept raining?" she sadly complained.

But she then quickly hid her disappointment when Motoki gave her a questioning look. Motoki then looked at his watch.

"I'm sorry, Mako, but I have to get going," said Motoki. "I have to drop by at the school for a little while."

"Sure. No problem," sighed Makoto, now feeling disappointed again, but she quickly cheered herself up. "But I'm going to come over to your place this Sunday and make some Hayashi Rice just for you! Buh-bye!"

And with that, Makoto went on her way, leaving a slightly surprised Motoki behind. Then he heard a familiar voice.

"Looks like you've made quite the cute new friend."

Motoki looked, and there standing before him was a beautiful young woman. She had long brown hair tied in a ponytail, bright blue eyes, and fair skin. She also wore a pair of green pearl earrings, a white lab coat with a purple dress with an orange sash underneath, and red pumps. Motoki then blushed. He knew who this girl was. It was none other than his girlfriend, Reika Nishimura.

"R-Reika..."

"Mamoru did say something about somebody having a new girlfriend," Reika went on teasingly. "I'm guessing he was talking about you."

"H-hey! Cut me some slack!" complained Motoki. "It's not like that at all!"

Reika then chuckled. "I was just kidding, Motoki."

Motoki then looked at Reika's current attire. "Seeing the way you are, I'm guessing that you're about to cancel our date again. right?"

"I'm so sorry," apologized Reika. "I'm going to work late until the evening."

"That's okay," said Motoki. Then his smile turned serious. "But... more importantly, have you... made your decision yet, Reika?"

Reika paused for a brief moment before shaking her head. "Not yet. I'm still can't make up my mind."

Motoki seemed to be disappointed, but he reassured Reika with a smile. "Take your time," he said kindly. "It is going to affect the rest of your life, so you want to be sure you've made the right decision."

"You're so sweet," Reika said, looking downwards. "Thank you..."

At that moment, only a brief moment, a small tear trickled down Reika's cheek. Motoki was surprised and worried, but then the two were interrupted by another familiar voice.

"Hey, you two! What's up?"

The voice belonged to Mamoru, who came up to them unaware of what was happening.

"Hey there, Mamoru. Didn't see you there," Reika greeted. Then her watch let out a couple of beeps, causing her to look at it. "Oh, dear! Look at the time! Gotta run!" she said. She turned to Mamoru. "Hey Mamoru, if you have some free time right now, take my guy out for some coffee, would you?" She then ran off, giving Mokoki one last wave. "Bye! I'll call you later!" Then she was gone.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A little later, Motoki and Mamoru were drinking from their cups at the cafe, but Motoki was now looking very sad. Noticing this, Mamoru decided to talk to him.

"What up, Motoki?" he asked. "You look like something's bothering you."

Motoki took a sip from his cup, then he explained. "It's Reika... She - might be going to study abroad in Africa to pursue her research study."