02 || Single Father

[ - sooyoung kim - ]

I told father not to come down with me, instead just let Hyungmin ssi to escort me here but he's so damn stubborn. So damn proud to introduce his daughter to everyone in the sales department.

I don't hate it but, people would think I'm privileged. I worked my ass off to get good grades just because I know I'm next in line for the business. Again I don't hate it, but judging from the people's face, I could tell they were a bit... Unsatisfied.

I wouldn't blame them

I sat down at my place and I could already feel people glancing and even rolled their eyes. Gosh, first day of work and it's already awkward.

"Miss Sooyoung was it ?" the guy wearing a black suit approached me. Joshua right ? The one that father asked to show me around ?

"Ah yes yes. I'm Sooyoung. And you're sir Joshua right ?" I asked

"Indeed I am. If you don't mind, I'd like to show you around during lunch" said Joshua with a gentle smile plastered onto his face

"That'd be an honor sir" I responded

"If you need anything, you can ask your fellow deskmates" said Joshua

"Will do" I responded

He then entered his own office. He's the boss in this department I guess

There are like, two scenarios I can imagine. Either they will be nice to me just so they could be promoted or something or they'd start talking behind my back about me being "privileged". Maybe both. Who knows.

All that I know is I'm next in line for this damn company and I have to work my ass off no matter what.