A Drive Down Memory Lane

Henry was enjoying this coffee in the most romantic city on Earth. He could not help but remember how he thought Tim once looked like a Pretty Poet from Paris. Maybe that's why he came to the city to do what needed to be done, to have his peace of mind back.

His manager had just sent him the statement they are about the release so he set down his cup and went through the email before sends his approval. Hiding his sexuality was not helpful him heal. He was about to tell the World his whole truth.

As he went back to his warm cup of comfort, he can only think of wanting to fall in love again. The city was making him love the little stolen kisses and the shared ice cream cones again. Henry was excited for the expectantly happy future.

That night he made sure he stayed in his room as the news shook his Fandom. Many assumed things about his relationship with Tim but avoided discussing online. His company was quick to act on trolls trying to bully him after coming out.

Henry found himself unblocking Tim after his coming out went global. Somehow he expected Tim to reach, be angry even, or maybe just yell at him for making it obvious that Tim was the man who helped him feel the need to open up about this part of his life. He wanted Tim to care for one last time before he moved on completely.

The ring still sat somewhere in his closet between the warm winter jackets nearly folded into fluffy squares. He did not need to see it to remember what he wrote on it. He thought about the argument he had with the jewelry to fit in his feelings into the small surface of the band. He laughed about the wise old man managing to come up with a line that fit his feelings and the super small space inside the ring.

He thought about how it felt to hold the ring in his hands but was soon reminded of what happened next and pushed the rest of the thoughts away. Congratulations were pouring in. Calls and messages buzzed in all night. He tried not to but ended up replying to too many of them, trying not to miss any important texts from influential people in his profession circle.

His studio was thrilled to do a full feature and rainbow up their social media for the days posts to celebrate Henry in more ways than one. His movie was doing well and his sexuality did not effect the sales in any way.

As he set the phone aside and called it a night, the silent notification that pinged on his screen after he dozed off was one he wished he did not miss. It was Tim congratulating him.

Tim 00:47 Hey. I just wanted to congratulate you. I'm so happy for you. Hope you find the best person to share your life with. And thanks for unblocking me. I hope you accept my sincere apologies. Promise I'll try not to bother you. Take care.

Tim 00:55 I miss you. Wish we could be together. I should have never given up on us.

The second text was soon unsent and Henry woke up to just the Congratulations. He was still happy to have his friend back if nothing more.

Henry 06:26 Thank you. I'm glad you texted. Let's meet someday when we are in the same city again? I mean if you want to. I'll be happy to hang out with an old Friend. 😉😁

*unsent*

Henry 06:31 Thank you. I'm glad you texted. Let's meet someday when we are in the same city again? I mean if you want to. I'll be happy to hang out with an old friend.

Henry got up to take a shower. He had an early interview with a leading magazine and he wanted to look as fresh as he felt. After a long relaxing shower he came back to the text he was hoping to get.

Tim 06:33 I look forward to meeting you again.

The rest of the day went really well. The editor of the magazine was kinder than he expected and they did not make it just about Henry's first interview after coming out. They asked him about his movies and his passions in life and made him feel welcomed as a part of the big leagues now.

He looked forward to seeing the article as they set up the schedule for the shoot later that week. This was going to be fun.