Coffee And Conversations

Tim was excited to meet Henry again. He wanted to tell him everything and wished to have him back in his life any way he could. So after putting very little thought into it and going with his impulsive gut feeling for once, he called up Henry's assistant who always helped them plan their meets. At first she was hesitant but after checking in with Henry and making sure Tim was not a nuisance anymore, she decided to help him out.

She always had a soft spot for the two and often came up with ingenious scheduling changes for them to enjoy some time together. This time was going to be difficult since Henry's company did not want Tim around unless Henry was willing to let him back into his life. Tim was thankful when she managed to change a low-key vineyard tour schedule enough to fit in an hour of alone time which a very busy Henry would most certainly appreciate.

Tim arrived the day before and settled into his small room in an old hotel near the vineyard. He trusted her plan and waited impatiently for the next morning. Sleep had refused to come and the bags under his eyes looked far more puffy that the pillow he was laying on. Everytime he turned, the bed creaked and he felt a little less alone. It had been so long since he slept next to someone, anyone.

Tim arrived at the vineyard on time so he could join the VIP tour where his name was skillfully slipped in at the last moment. After half an hour of stressful fidgeting, he finally heard a faint familiar laugh. As he turned around, he could see Henry walking in with a bunch of execs and a lot of cameras refusing to stop clicking his pictures. Thankfully the press was not allowed into the private event and Henry could finally mellow his smile and rest his brows. He looked as beautiful as the first day they met. In fact Tim couldn't help but notice how he looked happier that he did with him in the later part of their relationship.

A fresh wave of regret and panic hit him and he started questioning if he should just leave before a hand held his shoulder and patted him. It was one of Henry's friend, the one who did not like him much. Tim was sure he would be escorted out immediately but to his surprise he was being welcomed with a warm smile.

They managed to stay away from Henry until he completed his obligatory engagement while Tim got to hear about how things went after they parted ways. Turns out, Henry was not at all as happy as he looked on screen. He struggled to move on and often wanted to fight his way back to Tim only to be reminded of Gretchen and their life together. Tim was hwartbroke to know how many times Henry drove past his office and his home just to catch a glimpse of the man he loved so deeply.

Before he could express how much he regretted everything that happened and how much he wanted to fix things, he could see Henry walking towards them, unbothered and unfazed by the fact that Tim decided to drop by unannounced.

They managed to share a polite smile as Henry hugged his friend before asking for some privacy. His friends tugged Tim in close and said "do not screw it up because we all know where you live". It may have sounded like a threat but Tim knew he meant him no harm. All his friends wanted was to see Henry happy and it was justified to feel protective about the younger in their group.

"Hey" said Tim with a shaky voice as he watches Henry fiddling with his glass of wine. "I can leave if you want".

"No, stay. I'm glad you're here." Henry sounded raw, more like the Henry who took control of things and made things work out for them.

"I watched your movie"

"Yeah?" asked Henry "How was it?".