This Was Going To Be Fun

Tim met Henry when his boss asked him to interview the up and coming Asian-American actor after a super-hit debut movie. He was hesitant at first but soon relaxed in the presence of the kind and soft spoken man. He never expected an actor to be so charming and not at all in the usual sense.

Henry was different. He was not the most handsome or the tallest or even the strongest man Tim had ever seen but he was definitely the most charismatic. There was something about him that lingered on long after you took your eyes off him.

Tim wanted to discuss how they were going to shoot and live broadcast the interview. It was not something either of them did very often so Tim thought it would be best to keep some things in mind, like what topics to avoid and how to handle a sudden change in the script. The show had a notorious reputation where the producers would pick random uncomfortable questions from the audience tweets. Questions that were curious and invasive but perfect for ratings to jump up ten folds if a celebrity slipped out an unimaginable detail or confirmed some rumors, verbally or otherwise.

As Tim tweaked the list of questions in the DOs and DON'Ts list, Henry asked if he could slip into something more comfortable. The designers love his dancer's physique but they seldom make his fits comfortable. Tim wanted to leave but Henry insisted he stayed and continued the briefing. It was only natural that Tim wanted to sneak a peak but the way his words slurred made Henry chuckle. The man looked like a snack. Who wouldn't need to gulp down their drool at such a sight? Henry knew the effect he had on women and men. This was nothing new for the beautiful actor. But for some reason he enjoyed the incident a lot more than usual.

Tim had a reputation that did not do justice to him. Everyone assumed he is ruthless but the man was quite tender in real life. Contrary to his public personality, he was also quite delicate. The way he held onto the clipboard and fiddled with the pen would make you think it was a pretty poet from Paris. Henry could not stop his mind from wandering. He wanted to know more about Tim, the real Tim. And it was evident in the way he took interest in everything Tim said and did. He did not feel the need to act polite. He was genuinely paying his wholehearted attention to the anchor.

No wonder the fans were calling him their sunshine. Henry was like the light in the end of a tunnel, only so much sexier. He owned every room he walked into and almost hypnotized every person he spoke to. There was not a single pair of eyes in their building that did not want to sneak a look into the studio that day. And all he really did was smile at everyone, genuinely and wholeheartedly. Even Justin, the Janitor and all-purpose office superhero got a warm handshake from the actor.

The interview was dragged as long as possible because Tim did not want their conversation to end and neither did Henry. The producers were happy with the candid approach of the actor. It was the most unexpected meet-cute. But of course they were men, men who the World assumed as straight. And there were so many dating rumors about Henry, many with undeniable proof. A-list models and actresses were often seen with him on award shows, TV appearances and some even spotted leaving his luxury apartment building.

Tim himself had only dated women in the public view. He once had a short term thing with a flight attendant but that was mostly about sex whenever they were both in the same town. It was a convenient thing to have. And honestly, the flight attendant was easy to tame. The guy was more worried about looking straight than anyone with an actually risk of loosing their job if they came out.

Henry on the other hand had a very clean reputation when it comes to dating. No one ever confirmed or denied having been with him. His agency must have prepared some air-tight NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS before letting anyone got anywhere near him. And why wouldn't they? He was the talk of the biz, the IT boy from East. His acting, his dancing and even his beautiful voice was skyrocketing his success fast.

Tim was hesitant to draw unnecessary attention to Henry so after the interview he tried to avoid him. The sexual tension was visible enough for viewers to tweet and even ship them in a matter of hours. By the time Henry's team got their cars and security ready for them to leave, Tim politely said goodbye and shook hands with the actor. Surprisingly and in front of both their teams, Henry handed him a small note that read "Tonight was amazing. I would love to catch up with you over lunch while I'm still in town. Or maybe we can watch a game this Sunday? You decide. I'll ask my manager to figure out the details with your team."

The way Henry almost assumed he would say yes was both obnoxious and attractive. In the moment, all Tim did was smile and nod. The bright smile on Henry's face spoke louder than existed. They both tried to hide their excitement as they parted ways for the night.

Tim spent the rest of the evening fiddling with the note in his pocket, absent-mindedly trying to complete his job. By the time he left the building and got into his cab, there was a text waiting for him in his personal number.

"I can't get you out of my mind. Sorry if that sounded raw. I just thought you deserved to know. -H"

As soon as he read the text, he could see someone typing at the other end. Was Henry really waiting to see of Tim read the text? Or was it just a coincidence? Either way it was pretty romantic. Men don't usually do that for Tim and he enjoyed the attention.

The ride back home was quicker than usual, or maybe it was the hour long conversation keeping him company that made the traffic noise seem like ambient music.

Tim was fiddling with his keys like a jolly teen during homecoming dance. By the time he entered his apartment, it was time for Henry to call it a night. He had an early meeting shoot and wanted to look fresh for his audiences. They both needed to look presentable for the cameras everyday so Tim understood.

Tim was sleepless that night but with a smile on his face. He wondered if this could actually work. Hope looks really good on us, we just don't witness it often. After a few hours of over thinking, Tim finally dozed off.

Waking up next day was easier than usually. He finally felt like he had a reason to enjoy his morning run and those dry whole wheat mini muffins and that coffee with no sugar and no cream. Tim wanted to look good and not just for his job. He wondered if Henry felt the same before he focused his mind back to work for the rest of the day.

Jasmine, his assistant brought him his schedule for the weekend. The Sunday was cleared off with a star maked sticky note for him to keep.

SUNDAY - 10:00 - DRESS CASUALLY
CAR WILL BE SENT TO YOUR APARTMENT
NDA WILL BE PROVIDED FOR SIGNATURE
CAMERAS MIGHT BE ON YOU
BEWARE OF STALKER

He slipped the note into his pocket and tried to hide his smirk. This was going to be fun.