Chapter 8

"Danny, are you okay?" Kirsch asks, sitting on the bed beside of her.

"I most certainly am not, you dumbass. Do 'okay' people often fall asleep in the wrong damn dorm room on whatever stupid ass planet you were meant to live on?" Danny grumbles, swinging her legs over the side of the bed so that they were sitting side-by-side.

"What's wrong?" he asks, wishing that he could comfort her, but also completely aware that she wouldn't be willing to accept any of his reassurance.

"The girl I like, she really likes someone else and they are sort of perfect for each other. I feel like crap for even still liking her when I see the way that they look at one another. The worst part is that she is so oblivious to the way that she is feeling that if I really wanted to I could steal her away in a heartbeat. But, it would be like getting in between Santana and Brittany, Piper and Alex, or Amy and Karma. And I have no idea why I'm telling you all of this." Danny groans, massaging her eyes with the heels of her hands.

"It's all good, Dan-O." Kirsch says, patting her knee. "It's Laura's loss anyway."

------//////-----

Carmilla wakes up to Laura playing with her long black hair contentedly.

"Sorry, I woke up, got bored, and didn't want to get up. Also, sorry about turning into a giant ball of feelings last night. I didn't mean to go berserk on you." Laura rambles to a bleary eyed Carm.

"No biggie, Cupcake." She mumbles, wrapping herself around Laura's yellow pillow. The smaller girl flops onto her back and stares at the ceiling.

"No, don't stop that felt nice." Carmilla complains, winning a wide grin out of Laura who rolls back onto her side facing Carmilla to play with the silky soft locks once more.

"I told you about me last night. Now you have to tell me more about you." Laura asks.

“What do you want to know?” the older girl asks warily.

“Do you have any siblings? What do you do when you’re not fighting in tournaments, or training? Do you have any hobbies? What music do you listen to? What are your favorite T.V. shows, books, and movies?” Laura rattled off as Carmilla rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

“A brother, William. He’s a Zeta. My life kind of revolves around all of this but, I do love to play music, five instruments, actually. I guess that counts as a hobby? I don’t watch television all that much, but I do like documentaries, Vonnegut, and Sappho.” Carmilla replied with her eyes still closed.

“Your brother is here?” Laura asks, more questions than before  racing through her mind.

“He’s a dick. You don’t want to meet him.”