Chapter 6

Danny had thrown up four times, but understandably blamed it on the 100 degree heat. She had long ago learned to push through discomfort. Being the daughter of the coach was a natural way to learn these things. No excuse would ever be good enough to get out of beach training week. However, this particular exercise was her favorite because it involved Laura Hollis and a bikini.

“Hey there, Psycho Society.” said a familiar and unwelcome voice.

“Kirsch.” she replied as Elsie threw the beach ball to her and she roundhoused it over the blonde’s head.

“No need to be harsh.” he said with that wounded puppy dog look of his.

“You, Zeta. Me, Sum Soc. Every need to be harsh.” she explained harshly as she threw her own ball to the younger girl across from her.

“Come on, Psycho Society, I don’t see why we just can’t be friends...” Kirsch trailed off and Danny definitely didn’t notice how extremely muscular he was as he kicked the ball, so very different from the lanky boy she had grown up with.

“S.J. S.J is why we can’t be friends, Kirsch.” she replied sadly.

-----//////-----

“You got carpet burn...from the sand?” Perry asked, putting neosporin on the scrape on LaFontaine’s shoulder.

“Yeah, I guess I did.” they reply with a sheepish grin, reaching with their uninjured arm to scratch the back of their neck. Perry can’t help but notice their fantastic jawline as they turn to watch their friends on the beach.

“You amaze me.” Perry chuckles to blow off her staring, completely oblivious to LaF’s blush.

“Have you been getting enough water? Do you need to put on anymore sunblock?” she asks, everyone was stinky and sweaty and Danny had been to see her twice for some Tums.

“I’m good, thanks. I’d better get back before I’m missed. I’ll see you during the break though, yeah?” they ask.

“Of course.” Perry replies, and grins as she watches LaFontaine race to their place in line. She couldn’t imagine how they have the energy for all of this crap, but she definitely enjoyed the view.

-----/////----- *Actual Break*

Carmilla had cursed that damn black and white bikini more times than she could count since they hit the beach. It was causing her chest pains to see how often the Zetas would check Laura out. she was totally aware of how attractive the smaller girl was, she just didn’t expect the raging jealousy that came with how often some douchebag guy would stop to flirt with her. It was much less problematic now that the game was over and Laura was out playing in the ocean with LaF, Danny, and Elsie. Though Danny could occasionally be almost as bad.