Chapter Forty Nine

Olivia Thorne

Walking downstairs the following morning I found Adrian fully dressed and sitting at his piano playing Etude Op.25 No.11 by Chopin how he managed to remember so much of it by memory was beyond me but none the less he did.

Through the next week or two I would once again be acting CEO for Winters Group while Adrian went into court for the trial.

"It sounds pretty" I remark crossing my arms and looking over at him.

"You're becoming like me by hiding" Adrian muses standing up and walking over to me as I stepped off the bottom step of the stairs.

"I learned from the best then" I muse and he laughs lightly before wrapping his arms around my waist. "Are you going to be able to manage the business on your own, because if not I will come and help you I'm just watching this time something to do with a safety concern".

"This city is just trying to keep it's billionaire prodigy alive" I say letting out a sigh and looking up at him.

"I don't think I'm a prodigy bellissima".

"You made a multi trillion dollar company in a five years Adrian".

"I'm aware also we both should probably get out of here so that chaos doesn't ensue" he say letting go of me and walking away to the front door.

"Be safe" I say as he pulls out a key, and pockets it.

"Always" he says reassuringly before stepping into the elevator and disappearing.

After the doors closed I walked into the kitchen only to fine a plate with French Toast and a sticky note on the rim.

For my favourite person, your favourite breakfast. I love you.
~Adrian~

I then took the fork that had been set beside the plate before beginning to eat my breakfast.

I still believe Adrian does things like this just because he knows I'll appreciate it.

Carrying my plate over to the window I stood staring out over New York City as it began to snow for the second day in a row, and far below I could see all the people walking around the city along with Central Park.

For a moment I stood looking at everything I could see and realized that in a manner of eight years since my very first experience with Adrian before I actually knew his name I had moved out of Brooklyn, travelled the world, and been through so much that I never would have if it wasn't for him, now everything felt normal but in the end everything was with him all my firsts, well at least the firsts with the right person.

Walking back into the kitchen I set down my empty plate before walking into the entryway to take the key for the Ferrari since I seemed to be going down the route of nostalgia as of right now.

As I descended down to the garage I spun the key I held another habit I had picked up from Adrian, though I was well aware we shared certain habits just from being in the others life for so long.

The elevator doors opened a moment later, and crossed the concrete floor while my heels clicked before unlocking the shiny sports car and getting into the driver seat.

I then drove out of the garage and off onto New York's streets before speeding off towards Winters Group Tower through the white blanketed roads.

Ten minutes later I somehow got to work which is almost a never in New York but then again it also depends on when someone goes anywhere.

Turning down into the underground garage I drive over to Adrian's marked spot and parking, before getting out, and closing the door.

As I crossed the large garage I keyed into the elevator before being carried up to the very top floor of the skyscraper in a minute exactly, before I was allowed out into the top floor lobby where the receptionist greeted me.