Chapter Nine

Later on that night Olivia sat driving the car towards the Burj Khalifa while the nightlife of Dubai began to come into view as people went to bars and clubs though no one could take their drinks anywhere which meant I didn't have to worry about some drunk person damaging the Rolls Royce.

Ten minutes later we got to our destination, before one of my Emirati friends came through the door of the building with his girlfriend not far behind.

He was an expat taking up business here in the UAE for the four branches of the Luxury Industry, though an immediate testament to his success was the red Bentley one of a fleet of six cars he owned.

After Olivia parked the car I got out and I walked towards my friend.

"Amin" I greet.

"Adrian" he replies nodding to acknowledge my presence.

"Taalia" I say to his girlfriend.

"Adrian welcome back to Dubai" Taalia says before turning to Olivia. "Who's this".

"This is Olivia my girlfriend" I say, "she came with me this time around since we're staying for the week".

"Well, please come in I have food waiting on my table" Amin says leading us inside, and we follow passing through a marble floored lobby to an elevator which we got inside.

We were then brought up to the eightieth floor where he led us to his penthouse apartment.

The inside of the apartment had light grey walls with wooden flooring and marble in some places such as the kitchen, entryway, and bathrooms.

Having been here before I knew that he had a balcony that looked over all of Dubai well at least what the tower allowed you to see from where one could stand.

Walking out across the wooden panelling to the railing I took in the view and how the air from up here felt lighter.

"It's an impressive view isn't it?" Amin says appearing next to me.

"It is, but I wouldn't live here, though it's definitely one of the nicest places that I've ever travelled to" I comment.

"Why wouldn't you buy a home here?" he asks lookkng over at me.

"I own seven houses, technically eight but my house in Aspen is a rental property, as one can never really have enough streams of income" I reply.

"Well with one percent rates I don't really doubt that or that its being enjoyed by people who can pay that type of rate for a ski resort mansion".

"Well it's just recently been repaid for value".

"Profit?".

"A little it made some last month, it's been solidly rented by a big shot in Seattle who really wanted the home so I let her lease it and she's managed to give the whole homes value back, I'll probably offer it to her as a Christmas gift for essentially buying the home".

"Well I won't just leave you out here to be enveloped by your thoughts when there's food on my table, now come" Amin says walking back inside.

I enjoyed his hospitality since it was part of his nature even if the ruthless businessman stereotype is associated to him, even if he is quite the opposite, and he and his girlfriend probably aren't the first one's to get a bad wrap about their profession.

He and his girlfriend were some of the nicest people I'd ever met. Their story was also similar to finding success like mine and Olivia's. They made their money from the ground up together, and now they live this nice life together, which I give them good faith for a long relationship.