Chapter Forty Six

Adrian Winters

"I don't fucking care if he's in Montenegro, Nepal, Zimbabwe I don't even care if he's at the bottom of the fucking ocean, find me Victor Rivers" I say bitterly into the phone at my private investigstor.

"Mr. Winters it's not that easy, he could be in all but two countries" he says and I can hear the sound of his key board.

"His jet has a number attached to it can it not be tracked" I say letting out an aggravated sigh.

"Unfortunately not the tracker was removed from the jet".

"Issue a four million Euro capture on him, and a hundred thousand for any information that checks out, he's a criminal and a fugitive, and four million would set most people for life" I say walking through along the hedge that lined the railing looking over Cannes from my house.

"Alright I will see what comes up with that, I'll keep you informed" my private investigator says before I hang up.

"Nothing?" Olivia's soft voice comes from behind me.

"Yeah" I say pressing my lips together.

"You know he won't be able to hide forever, there's only so many places one can go in forty eight hours" Olivia says pulling my arm to turn me around to face her.

"That's not the issue the farthest he could possibly have gone if he never stopped moving is pretty much every country on the planet, and no one is going to issue a Red Notice for someone behind three attempted assassinations".

"They might either way he would likely avoid countries where you have business because those are also places where he would be easiest recognized same for the middle east" she says looking up at me while I play with a piece of her hair.

"So Africa, Oceania, and South America, three continents" I say with a small smile, "that's still over a hundred countries" I mutter rubbing the crease between my eyebrow and nose.

"Adrian doesn't he have money to pay for the travel, there isn't a single place on earth he could go without being able to have his purchases traced".

"I can't do that it's invasion of privacy, only law enforcement can do that" I say leaning against the railing and letting my head hang, thinking through everything that happened.

"What about Logan, he has to know someone and Winters Group had influence over nearly everything, you'd never have to do anything but ask for a search for Victor Rivers".

"My cousin could only work within state, and I won't use my influence to pretty much bribe police to do what I want that's not morally right".

"What about Nico he would help you besides he's done things like this before" Olivia says.

"Helping police track a known fugitive, and a man who is technically still under employment and protection of Winters Group is different" I say.

"How so?" she challenges and I attempt to think of how.

"Because if Victor goes to jail I'm taking a father and husband away from a wife and son, there's a difference between taking a business and taking everything from good people".

"Compensation, three million dollars a year for the rest of their lives it's already what Victor makes they could live anywhere in the world on that money, literally anywhere".

"Alright I will contact Logan and other law agencies, if you want to organize the compensation for them it would be helpful for both them and ease my guilt" I admit.

"Adrian just know there is never anything wrong in protecting the people you care the most about, even if that sometimes means yourself" Olivia says giving me a reassuring smile while I can only muster a weak one in return.

Pulling out my phone I then call Logan, who almost immediately picks up.

"Adrian" Logan says into the phone.

"Hi Logan I need you to do a favour for me" I say letting out a breath.

"What kind of favour?" he replies and I could almost hear the apprehension.

"Do you know anyone in Interpol?".

"Yeah I know several, why what do you need me to do?".

"Issue a Red Notice on Victor Rivers he's a former Executive at my company, as you know he's also the one that tried to kill me and Olivia" I say feeling my anger rising and the grip I had on the glass railing in front of me.

"I know that, also I can see what I can do for you, but I will have to name drop you" Logan sighs.

"Fine just do it, I'm not about to go through another event of me looking for some piece of shit who wants to hurt the girl I love" I say muttering the majority of what I said.

"They will review the request since it's a hitman organizer and a wealthy person they will likely be easily found. We can even assist by tracking his car uses, and the bills used for any withdraws".

"Thanks it means a lot" I say genuinely meaning it because I've honestly had enough of going a certain amount of time before a shit show explodes around my life.

"I'm always here for you, it's what family is for".

"Don't get soft on me" I say though my lips quirked up in a small smile.

"Alright, I am, bye".

"Bye" I say hanging up, and pocketing my phone before Olivia walked back outside from the doors that went into the living room and over to me.

"They agreed to the compensation deal, they're also currently under witness protection" Olivia informs me.

"Where New York?", she nods and I go to walk towards the doors but she stands in front of me.

"You can't go back they actually said you'd be safest in London but here in Cannes near an ocean is the second best bet" Olivia says looking up at me, and I can tell that that was the reasoning she was given but her eyes betrayed the real answer.

I don't want you to go.

"Then I won't leave, not yet anyways, also the Red Notice will likely be issued, Victor will be found and this can all be over" I say looking down at her.

"Good" Olivia says wrapping her arms around me which I return.

"I can also protect you better here on the side of a cliff" I muse well aware it would actually be nearly impossible with all the security around, I had also chosen to be wearing bullet resistant clothing for an extra layer of protection.

"Oh yes, definitely, you and the twenty armed guards walking around" Olivia comments rolling her eyes at the drastic measures I had gone to, to keep her protected.

"All to protect you" I say and she gives me a judged look, "and also me".

"Last I checked you were the one that was shot at".

"And you were two feet away from me, I would also take a bullet for you if I needed too" I say and I can see then pained fear of that possibly happening flash behind her slate grey eyes.

"I don't like that idea" she says, and I gently reach up rubjing the side of her face as she rests her head in my palm.

"It's my job bellissima, to be the man you need, and deserve".

"And the only one I want" she mumbles her breath rolling over my exposed forearm.

"I think we can both agree I'm already that person" I muse with a small smile, to which she just nods.

God give me the strength to keep her safe forever.

But I don't get any confirmation about my wish before a loud bang is heard and my instant reaction to turn and cover Olivia takes over before I turn to look down at side where I could see red against my white shirt.

"Fuck" I remark as a burning sensation and the waves of pain hit me making my vision fog, before I collapse to the ground, and Olivia's calls for help are drowned out as I fall unconscious the world fading to black like a classic hollywood film.

Whoops, Adrian got shot... I didn't do it, don't come at me, leave comments, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌