Nijisanji Vox Akuma | His Lady

Notes: Hello everyone ! I was in a mini hiatus and it took me a while to get back into writing. This is will be my first post of the year and I hope you all enjoy my little gift in the form of our lord and savior, Vox Akuma !!

 This is will be my first post of the year and I hope you all enjoy my little gift in the form of our lord and savior, Vox Akuma !!

The night shines bright as the moon reaches its peak in the sky, cool ocean wind comes and goes, the crowds disperse and civilians retreat into their homes and blow out the candles, darkness engulfing the village. But there was one candle left lit, by the doors to a balcony at the top of the Akuma castle.

The room inside was filled with luxurious items, elegant paintings, stunning crafts, and a view watching over their people. It was your room, his lady's room.
You were always observing, commanding, looking after the clan from the top in solitude. There was a reason for it however.

Before Vox met you, he was a leader for his little clan with a population of under sixty members. He was known as someone people could rely on and follow. There was a small forest near the peninsula, where his clan resides, and it is where he found you, sitting on the ground and talking among the animals and trees.
At a glance, he knew you weren't a normal human at all, a being that is cursed by the angered gods. You stepped out of your line of mortal privileges and the gods deem you undeserving and brought you a curse fatal to human kind for eternity. A single glance, a single touch, a single sound that could be seen, felt, and heard by a human will cause their fragile life to wither away in front of you.

He could also sense your loneliness from lack of social interaction. In return, he noticed your dignity, your grace from the time spent in nature, how you move with confidence, touch with the gentlest of hands, and gaze with the softest eyes. But Vox also noticed your euphoria during the first meeting was genuine. Even when he asked for your name, your hesitant tone was not uninfluenced by the power he possesses.
He knew. The voice demon knew at that moment, as his heart was captured, you were the one to lead the clan besides him.

It was proven right, the clan grew and thrived with you by his side. It was a safe haven for the abandoned, the lost, and the scared. Anyone could come in with a price of loyalty. It was perfect, Vox being the representative of the clan while you worked on the system and structure in the background, away from the public's eyes.

From time to time though, he wished you were free from the curse so he could let the whole clan know of his wonderful lady whom he adores very much. Vox would want to have your arm looped in his and walk through the town with you, occasionally passing a few shops and greeting the people they look over.

He's not uncomfortable with many eyes on him, although the privacy you have is comforting nonetheless. When days are more relaxed, he would have his head on your lap while you kneel by the open balcony at the top of the castle, sunlight accentuates your features and your hands brushing his hair.

You could hum, you could sing, you could have conversations about the most mundane topics and Vox always finds comfort in your voice, despite being the voice demon himself.

He likes to sit beside you by the balcony, looking down the rowdy streets and listening to you point out your curiosity and observations on the habitants. Vox especially loves it when you ask him to recreate the actions some humans made, specifically those that are done between lovers like kisses on the forehead and cheeks, him carrying you in his arms, dancing with each other, even courting each other as if you two weren't together yet.

In his eyes, your laughter and smiles are akin to a pure maiden, but he fully knows that you are far from one.
Vox understands the feeling of seeing those who you once cared for to look at you in fear. He moved on eventually with time, however the feeling still lingers. It must've been hard for you as you couldn't talk to anyone else but him.

The voice demon doesn't have many desires, but his biggest one would be to grant you happiness and safety as yours were ripped off unwillingly.

Those desires are meant to be broken however, as the time of war has arrived. Soldiers under the command of Tokugawa Ieyasu swarm the castle, prepared to attack and reclaim the land. Clan members gear up and defences raised, those who couldn't fight were told to flee as the Akuma clan were close to its demise.
The lord himself advised you to run, he predicted he could not last very long after all, the clan was very short on manpower. Even with your stubbornness saying your curse could help during the war, he still refused. Vox explained he wouldn't want to cause more trauma for you, to keep as much purity as you can, to be as far away from harm as you can.

The day was coming closer, you fled to the forest nearby when the moon reached its peak, constantly looking back as you travelled. You couldn't give him your goodbyes as the lord was training among his soldiers.

Battle horns were sounded and bloodshed was caused. The small clan held no challenge towards the Emperor's troops. Fear and grief gripped your chest as you felt it yourself, his warmth in your heart diminished into ashes.

Days passed and you returned to the castle, or what remains of it. Decaying corpses, dried blood, debris, and lastly, his sword. It was pierced on the ground by the edge of the peninsula, but stood straight like his resolve.

You drew the black blade from the ground and felt his fading warmth surging back into you, it was as if he was never gone in the first place. What you also felt was his resonance in your heart. It brought you reassurance when you heard his words in your head.

"Wait for me, my love. I will come back to a time where peace is prominent and we shall raise our clan once again without bloodshed, without war, and without fear."

Published: January 19th, 2022