Nijisanji Kanae | Bed Time

The sound of running water is heard in the kitchen

The sound of running water is heard in the kitchen. You were washing up the dishes after preparing a light and hearty meal for your boyfriend as he was having another late night stream.

It was the usual routine for the two of you, visiting Kanae before the stream and bringing him a meal in case he will be hungry during his late night streams. You wished you could've stayed up later but school and work always took your time in the morning. But he insisted that you didn't have to stay up with him, seeing him before he starts every time is the motivation he needs for the day.

Turning off the sink and drying your hands, you brought the bowl of gyudon (beef bowl) with you and headed to his streaming room. When you entered, you found Kanae clad in his usual grey sweater and black coat, talking to Kuzuha and nqrse. It seemed that they hadn't started yet. Kanae heard the door opening and turned around in his chair, eyes lighting up seeing you in the room.

"Thank you baby. I'll be playing Apex with Kuzuha and nqrse again, want to say hi?" He wrapped an arm around your waist as you walked by his chair and placed his gyudon on the table. You brushed your hair behind your ear and leant down to his microphone, "Hey small fries, getting any champions today?"

"You dare underestimate the greatest vampire to play this game? Watch me carry your noob boyfriend to master!" Kuzuha and nqrse laughed boisterously at the name you called them, it was so contagious that you and Kanae gave a few chuckles as well.

You four talked together for a bit more until it was five minutes before Kanae will start the stream. You took a look at the chat and brightened at the cute and wonderful comments waiting for Kanae. You were glad that your boyfriend worked hard for his little community and in return, they gave him the experience that he never could've asked for.

There was suddenly a tug on your sleeve, you turned to your boyfriend and he was giving you that look. It was an endearing trait of his but sometimes it gets a little annoying as he asks for too much. You giggled and decided to give in time as he's starting to paw at your arm. You started kissing his left cheek then his right, on his forehead, down to his nose, then lastly a peck on his lips.

"Have fun baby, I'll be waiting in bed." You whispered in his ears as you gave him a last kiss on the lips. Kanae squeezed your waist before whispering good night to you and you left the room. You head to your shared bedroom and get some shut eye before he joins you in bed.

—————

It was beyond midnight when you heard the door opening, you tried to blink the sleep out of your eyes and saw Kanae gently closing the door behind him.

"Otsukare Kanae." You said groggily, half awakened.
Kanae smiled at you and gave you a kiss on the forehead and pinched your cheek, "I'll go get changed quickly and join you, you look very cute right now."

His smile widened when you whined and slapped his hand off of your sore cheek. The sight of your sleepy self cause Kanae to fill with adoration for you but a tinge of regret as well. He couldn't treat you on a day off because of his messy schedule. You have pampered and took care of  him so much, especially in a tough time like this.

Kanae admires your resilience and resolution for him. Because he notices how much effort you put in for him, he will also try his best for you, hoping that one day you two can settle down and do something amazing together.

Ah, it seemed like Kanae was too deep in his mind that you were quickly back asleep, drool dripping off your mouth.

He quickly stood up and headed to the bathroom, changing his clothes and joining you under the covers before you have to wake up early for the day again.

Published: December 14th, 2021