Nijisanji Mayuzumi Kai | Tired (Drabble)

He couldn't really ask for more, these moments that you two share

You were leaning on his shoulder, eyes concentrated on a book in your hand while Mayuzumi had an arm around your shoulder, with his hand mindlessly fiddling with the tip of your hair, the other hand occupied with his phone.

Mayuzumi loved the domestic feeling whenever you're with him. It's tranquil, intimate, a different atmosphere he needs after interacting with his rowdy coworkers and friends at the studio. He is a man with little needs but when the opportunity comes, Mayuzumi will take it and spend it with you.

Your hands left the book and went up to the hand in your hair,"Kai-kun, you have a later stream tonight, right?"

"Yeah, do you need something from me?" Mayuzumi paused on his phone, his eyes focused over to your sweater clad hands. It was then when you turned your head facing him, Mayuzumi noticed your droopy eyes and how you snuggled closer to your sweater and his body.

You poorly stifled a yawn before replying, "I'll head to bed when you start. My eyes are a bit tired from all the reading today. I will have the bedside light on for when you're finished streaming and you can join me later. That sounds good, Kai-kun?"

Anything you say sounds good to his ears. You're not one to talk much, even less than Mayuzumi and he's quiet compared to his friends.

He leaned down and gave you a kiss on your temple,"That sounds great."

Tears gathered in the corner of your eyes when you yawned. You dragged his hand to your mouth and kissed the inside of his palm then a peck on the lips in gratitude, but also in apology.

"Sorry that I couldn't watch your stream today."

"It's fine. Go take a rest, I'll join you later."

Published: (On Tumblr) November 26th, 2021