F O R T Y - E I G H T

Mulai dari awal

"You had not given your gem to a human." 

Fariel was dumbstruck when he saw tears flooding down Ake's face. He quickly wiped them away and sighed. "But I regret nothing. If I had the chance to change everything that had happened, I would not." 

"Ake if only you just rest... " Fariel pressed knowing his words were falling on deaf ears. 

"Just tell him to keep it with him... it is his and it will always be his... Tell him this for me, please."

Fariel nodded beside himself just as he heard Karos rushing through the door. 

"Ake!" He cupped his face in his hand and kissed his lips before bringing him into a light hug. "You are well?" 

"I am," Ake murmured. Ake smiled and hugged him back sinking his face deep into his shoulder.   

For once, he would do as Ake wished and tell him. "He has some aches and pains, but nothing to worry over, Karos," Fariel said almost choking on his lies.   

"Why are your eyes so red, and what is this beside your lips?" Karos asked as he wiped away Ake's dried blood. 

"Of all the things in the world, you are my most loved thing," Ake smiled causing Fariel's heart to tighten. He pressed a hand to his chest and squeezed with downcast eyes. "Do you know this?" 

"As you are mine," he heard Karos mumble back. He was not so keen on showing emotion, but with Ake, such soft words as those came spilling from his lips. 

"So you must take care of yourself," Ake said. "And love yourself and cherish others and those around you. The world is not so cruel of a place, Karos. You just have to be willing to find the goodness in it." 

"You say such things though you are the one with the most bandaging," Karos said as he hugged him tighter and whispered something into Ake's ear. Fariel could only look away as he saw Ake's eyes filling with tears. "And I know now the world is not such a cruel place and there is good in it because I had met you. And you are mine. The world became beautiful then."

"As I will be forever."

"Ahem," Fariel cleared his throat and motioned to Karos. "A word, Karos. Ake needs all the rest he can get." 

Karos walked away from him and followed him out the door and a little ways down the hallway. 

"What is it?" Karos asked. 

"You know he is unwell." 

"I do." 

"So you must keep him here at all costs. Whether he ends up despising you or not, you must if you want to keep him alive." Karos took in a deep breath and looked away from him. "I know you do not like imposing your will onto others, but this time, it is a matter that should be decided by you and not him. He values his people too much as you tend to undervalue yours." 

Karos stayed silent causing Fariel to continue.

"Because of your decision, the gwasas had overrun the first gate and are approaching the second. Soon they'll be at the third along with the griffins." 

"Then you stay here with him. No dragon would dare to disobey him beside you. Keep him here, no matter what. Do this for me," Karos said causing Fariel to nod. If something were to happen to Ake while he was with Karos the king would look at it no other way than to blame Karos for it. It was the only reason why he had told him. Ake would understand. 

"Analia will come with me, so do not worry for me." 

"And Rakkaus?"

"Yes... him as well."