Wedding bells

As I got out of the car, my heart started to beat rapidly as I saw Dominic waiting outside the huge church in a suit. I gulped and made sure that my dress was fitting perfectly. I took a big breath as I started to walk towards him.

When he noticed me, he adjusted his posture and started to walk towards me. I gave him an awkward smile, as I noticed that he was trying to hide his smile. "Hey Love", his low voice greeted. I could've rolled my eyes back just to hear him say my name. "Hi", I said as I started to walk slowly inside. He walked behind me as he wrapped his big hand around my body, saying "You look gorgeous". I more than loved that but I couldn't allow that. I smacked his hand away. I looked at him strictly as his face was filled with confusion. I took my eyes quickly away from his, and said: "thank you".

"Are you okay?", he asked as we walked inside the church. I lifted my shoulders as I avoided his eyes. "I need to go check on Kiara", I said as I looked at the church filling with people. "Okay", he whispered.

It broke my heart because I knew that it hurt him.

Romeo and Juliet, Opt. 64 / Act 1: Dance of the Knights, played as the first pair of bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the aisle, Mila and Leon. Then Edith and one of the groomsmen walked, then it was my and Dominic's turn. I looked at him in the eyes as I walked towards him, my heart jumping off my chest.

I grabbed his hand as we prepared for our turn. "I'm not giving up", he whispered right before it was our turn. My grip on his hand tightened.

We walked steadily down the aisle, as I tried to move my attention from Dominic to the happy couple. At the end of the aisle, our paths went in different directions.

From the side of the altar, I locked eyes with Sage. My heart dropped from my chest as I looked into her wide eyes. All the memories flooded back into my mind. My eyes started to water so I aimed my attention at the small bouquet on my hands. I do miss Sage but she wasn't a good friend.

Suddenly I noticed Kiara walking down the aisle, in her massive white dress, making my eyes water. I saw the groom crying, which I thought was really sweet, but I couldn't get my mind off Dominic, especially when his eyes pierced my soul. I looked him in the eyes quickly, so I blushed so badly that I had to take my eyes off him during the ceremony.

We were eating food at a round big table, and Susan asked Dominic, "Did you have a good time in Italy?". Dominic scrunched his eyebrows together right before I kicked him in the foot. I looked at him, raising my eyebrows a bit, and then he answered " I had a really good time but unfortunately Love wasn't there ". "You two are such a cute couple "Susan said and I smiled at her a little as I continued to eat my salad.

"Love and Dominic, go to dance!", my mom yelled from the dance floor. I looked down at my hands awkwardly. "Go dance!", Mila said from the other side of the table. I tilted my head and tried to shoot her a look. "The photographer will get such good pictures of you!", Susan said excitedly. I bit down my lip as I awkwardly started to get up. Dominic offered me his hand and asked, "May I get this dance?". I landed my hand on his palm and walked to the dance floor.

He spun me around and laid his hands on my waist. Us swinging to the music, he asked "Why did Susan ask me about Italy ". I gulped and answered, "I was too embarrassed to tell them that you left me, so I told them that you left to see your family". He looked at me, surprised, and nodded.

"Were you in Marbella in the past two weeks?", I asked curiously and looked at the other people dancing around us. "Why are you asking?", he asked and gulped. I squinted my eyes as I looked at him, "I think I saw you there". He looked down at me. My chest started to rise heavier as our eyes locked.