"Doctor how is my son?" Gayathri Devi asked anxiously.

"He is out of danger for now. Good thing he woke up." Hearing that everyone of us heaved a sigh of relief. "I have given him some sedatives and he is sleeping now." He smiled at us giving us an assuring look. "By the way, who is Sunaina?" I raised my hand at his question.

"That's me."

"I think you should stay with him once he is shifted to general bed. He only called your name this whole time." He smiled and left us there to attend rest of his patients.

"Omg! Aru loves Sunaina so much." Manshi was ecstatic at this piece of information. I blushed hard lowering my gaze at this sudden declaration.

"You can move out then once Arjun recovers." My smile faded away when I heard Gayathri Devi say this. I then remembered how she told me to stay away from his son. My heart started to sink and tears started to well up on my eyes again.

"Maa! Why are you saying like that. Sunaina is family too." Abhay barged in.

"Yeah mom...didn't you see how much effort she has given ever since Aru is hospitalised." Mansi supported.

"It's my final decision. Don't forget it's your mother's decision that you are questioning." Her declaration stole words out of them both. They both now kept their head low when suddenly I heard Preeti speak.

"Excuse me ma'am." Gayathri Devi turned her gaze towards Preeti.

"I am sorry to barge in between your matters. I am Preeti, Sunaina's best friend." She nodded in approval giving her the signal to speak.

"Sunaina has already told me about everything. I know it's very normal for you to be angry but you must understand that Sunaina is not at fault. She, like you all is trying her best to protect Arjun." I was surprised at what she was saying. How did she know that Gayathri Devi thinks that I am at fault? I didn't even tell her anything. Then how? I looked at her with questioning eyes but she ignored them and continued. "Right now, Arjun needs her and somewhere, she needs Arjun too. Your anger is very much justified and but no one is at fault for this. I hope you can reconsider the decision you just made." Her words made me warm with emotions. She said what I had been wanting to say for so long. Somehow having her by my side was giving me a huge amount of strength today. Gayathri Devi said nothing to her and turned to leave the hospital. Abhay and Mansi were confused as to what they should do when Gayathri Devi stopped in her tracks and without turning back commanded.

"Abhay, Mansi come with me. You both haven't freshened up since Arjun was in the hospital." They hurriedly ran towards her when she called out my name.

"Sunaina..."

"Yes?"

"I am leaving Arjun's responsibility in your hands for now. Don't disappoint me." Saying this, she left with Abhay and Mansi without turning towards me for once. Abhay and Mansi waved me a goodbye and left along with her. Seeing their retreating backs, I sighed again. Will Gayathri Devi ever trust me again? I wonder.

"Gullu..." I felt Preeti's hand on my shoulders giving me a little bit of assurance. "She is a mother. Don't feel bad." I gave her a faint smile.

"I don't blame her at all. It's just that..." I could feel my throat choking up in tears and hence I decided to stop speaking. She understood my pain and gave me another tight hug. I felt warm in her embrace and closed my eyes in comfort.

"I am sorry to interrupt you both." Suddenly, I heard the butler speak. We both released ourselves both the embrace and looked at him. "I think Sunaina madam should go and take a bath too."