25

(Y/n)s POV:

I stood across from him as he stepped into the tent, his jaw clenching as he looked at our surrounding area. "Daryl-" "-fuck-" "JUST. Just listen." 
"No," he groaned and grabbed his empty bag, "no. I won't. You think you can just talk me into staying?"
"If you listened for a fucking minute you would," I clenched my fist as he began to pick up his clothes that I scattered over the ground. Emptying everything he would need onto the floor was all I could manage to think of. Then he would have to hear anything I had to say. 
"Why the hell should I listen to whatever bullshit you're about to say?" he glared hard at me and for a moment I began to think Glenn was lying earlier. I no longer held the world to him. I began believing that maybe I never did. I was just a warm bed to him, that's why it was so easy to leave. "Especially when you won't fucking listen to me. Listen now," Daryl leant forward and practically spat at me, "I. AM. LEAVING." 
"NO!" I grabbed his bag and nearly ripped it from his hands, re-dumping the items, "You can't leave! I won't let you." 
"So what?!" he growled in frustration, "You're just gonna throw a fuckin fit? A tantrum because one of your sidepieces is leavin?!" 
I wasn't able to stop the hurt from screwing onto my face, "You REALLY think I am sleeping around with Rick?! RICK?" 
"Hell," he picked the bag back up and began repacking for the second time, "after everything they said about you in the beginnin?! I should've known sooner..." 
"The beginning? Fuck don't say that," I pursed my lips as their accusations flashed in my memory; Carol, Glenn, Andrea, practically everyone was assuming I was sleeping with Daryl or Shane. It hurt deep. Daryl was the first one to make me feel better about it all, "You were the one that told me it was all bullshit! YOU. YOU WERE THE ONE THAT TOLD ME I WAS JUST A GOOD PERSON. THAT IT WAS HARD FOR OTHERS TO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WOULD HELP ME WITHOUT SOME OTHER MOTIVE." Daryl kept his back turned to me, furiously picking things up, as I began to cry. "You just turned into them. You just can't get over your big FUCKING ego to listen to the truth!" 

He zipped up the bag, throwing it down on my cot, "The truth?! Hell it's been in front of me this whole time. I should've just listened to Merle in the first damn place-" "-MERLE?!" I scoffed and slightly choked on my tears, "YOU WOULD RATHER BELIEVE A GHOST THAN ME?!" Ghost. This was the first time in a while that I referred to Merle dead. "The fucking truth is that- this all?" I shook my head, unable to hold my guilty blame, "THIS ALL IS YOUR FAULT!"
Daryl stopped for a second and spared me a glance, "Oh-" he let out a nasty laugh, "-ho really?! MY fault?!" 

"Yes! Okay?! I kissed Rick! I kissed Rick in the field, I kissed him in the field, held him and felt comforted for a SPLIT FUCKING SECOND BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU WEREN'T THERE." It was pathetic of me to say it all, "THAT DAY YOU CALLED ME A STUPID BITCH. THE DAY YOU PUSHED ME AWAY AFTER THE FIGHT WITH SHANE. LEAVING ME WITH A BRUIIIIISE BY THE WAY-" he stared in shock as I continued, "- RICK AND I FOUND COMFORT FOR 2 DAMN MINUTES. HELL I AM NOT GOING TO BE SHAMED FOR SOMETHING YOU COULD'VE PREVENTED. I AM TIRED OF APOLOGIZING FOR A SIN I CONFESSED TO HIS WIFE MINUTES AFTER THE FACT." 

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" the tone in his voice was similar to earlier in our relationship, it was the way he spoke to Rick on the roof. I felt everything crumble down, "(Y/N) YOU'RE THE ONE THAT KISSED A MARRIED MAN-" "-AND I PAYED FOR IT." I pointed to myself and pointed towards the tent flap, "Nothing! And I mean- NOTHING- is going on between Rick and I. Never have I thought about kissing anyone- holding anyone-" 
"-I've heard enough." 
"No," my lips began to quiver as I kicked his cot over, causing his poncho to fall, "No. I have heard enough. You aren't leaving Daryl. You- you can't..." The impending doom settled heavily on my chest and shoulders. The bitterness in it all was sickening. I've never felt so passionate yet disgusted by something. "You..." he couldn't do anything but listen as he put on the poncho, "you go ahead. Just fucking leave. Leave again." Suddenly the air hung silent as I watched him stop, Daryl's hand moving away from a blanket and onto a flat item on the floor. My heart was already sank too far to even care at this point, his fingers twirling it around into view.